Gallery, Projects and General > Oooops!

Where did I put that silver solder???

<< < (2/3) > >>

SwarfnStuff:
Ah well PK, at least you only got wet, or rather "Honey" got wet. Would not be the first had you hit the 240V power supply  :zap:. 'tis a risky business at times working on the house.
   Easy to say now that you could have used a stud / pipe / power line finder first. I have one but it's out there in the shed so I don't always use it. I do though, if I suspect something might be lurking behind the wall.
John B

PK:

--- Quote from: SwarfnStuff on September 27, 2016, 02:07:54 AM ---   Easy to say now that you could have used a stud / pipe / power line finder first. I have one but it's out there in the shed so I don't always use it. I do though, if I suspect something might be lurking behind the wall.
John B

--- End quote ---

Oh it's much worse than that! The cornice is missing at that point and you can actually see the pipe running into the top of the wall.... :doh:

Joules:
 :lol:

so your peripheral vision drew you directly to that pipe.....   Well done    :clap:

Once the cupboard is back up, you might as well put a tap in it now.

johnbaz:
I did the same at my sons new house, His girfriend asked me to screw down a couple of floorboards in the spare bedroom, I duly obliged, I put one screw in then it struck me, 'Why were the boards taken up??
I removed the screw I'd gone straight through a 22mm copper pipe that feeds to the radiator, Luckily the system had been emptied as builders were in, Plastering and then decorating, I had to buy a length of 22mm pipe and a couple of straight through Yorkshire joints, Couldn't find my flux so had to buy some, Almost fainted at the price, A tenner for a very small tub  :bang: I got home then instantly found my large tin of copaline, I took the new tub back for a refund as i'd not opened it!!

The punctured pipe was made good and all's fine now they're in the house!!

John  :beer:

Biggles:
You need to change PK to water diviner!  :med:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version