Home Base > Introductions

Much to answer for!

(1/3) > >>

klank:
Following the good example of TFL/Floyd, since I too have posted a bit, I should say hello.
Ex. Church surveyor and ardent curry cooker and Sci.Fi. reader, living in East Devon.
Since being "retired early" - back injurys - I have been able to take up this grand hobby of model engineering (previously done RC planes and boats) and indulge a bit with a lathe/mill - always wanted these since schooldays but never had the chance until about 18 months ago. Very much a newbie at this - cannot really contribute much.
Built a Stirling engine that refuses to run (I will beat it one day - much kind help and advice proffered from this forum following my first post), a Stuart 10H (which does) and now struggling to build a Wenceslas boiler plus all the trimmings (Tubal Cain recipe) to power it.
Learned a lot from making tooling for the lathe/mill. Much gleaned also from books by TC, Harold Hall and Stan Bray.
Like Floyd said, a steep learning curve - knowlege and theory being gleaned from books and forums - some (like this), better than others.

Bogstandard, like Floyd - I too must say thanks for always and unfailingly being there for help/advice - seen you on many threads around the net - my wife (very supportive in this hobby, thank goodness) thinks you have "much to answer for" as I have often quoted you and your lovely builds as inspirational.
My other "help" has been Circlip (known to you Boggy? as he calls you) - who turned up here in bucolic Devon, on his way back to Bradford, with a load of old ME mags to "get me going" and a lot of blunt Yorkshire advice (long story). He also seduced me into Skype so I can speak to him at length when in need of "How do I do this?" help.

Anyway, what a gentle, laid back group with so much help and experience freely shared.

Thanks for providing such a forum.

Bernd:
klank,

Welcome to the collective as we like to call it. :borg:

As has been mentioned before all subjects can be disscussed here, just find the appropriate place and post.

Regards,
Bernd

Brass_Machine:
Welcome to the collective :borg: klank!

Sci-fi huh? Gonna go  :offtopic: I am a huge fan of both sci-fi and fantasy (nerd alert!) Who do you like to read?

Eric

sbwhart:
Welcome aboard the cube 

:borg:

John has got a lot to answer for, I'm lucky to live very close to John and every time I visit I come back with ideas on how to improve my kit, he did it again last night when he explained how to convert my lathe to take a Myford screw mount chuck I think he must be a carrier of  :proj:

Please do join in the advice the ribbing and the fun

Stew

Stilldrillin:
Big Derbyshire welcome to you, Klank.

This is a crackin` forum.  :thumbup:

Enjoy....... Oh! You are doing, already.......  :D

David D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version