The Shop > Tools

What kind of quality to expect for chinese "Precision" tools and stuff

<< < (7/7)

PekkaNF:
Soo...turned better ER25/MT3 shoulder down (because my mill has a slot at the end of spindle for dog. OK. for normal spiral drills.

But sometimes you'll get a nice surprice. Years ago I bought one long single tip MT3 boring bar from ARC. It seems to unbelievably straight for such a tool. 0,02 mm TIR near tip! In a pinch I could use it as a MT test bar. I never used it first while waiting for it I rushed to work with a boring head and later didn't have faith in that bit, but it is standard 8*8mm bit. Should get one.

My setup for MT taper shanks, I found one MT/MT adapter that has female taper very concentric with outer shell.

Pekka

richardwilde90:
I have read some post on here stating that all Chinese made measuring equipment is bad quality.

This used to be the case and is a bit disingenuous to that today. Some of the biggest brands  in handheld metrology have their equipment made in china. We are talking brands like Mitutoyo, Moore and wright, TESA and even Sylvac have odd bits made there.

The truth is china does produce quality as well as bad quality.

So the question becomes "how do i differentiate the good from the bad"...

The answer is purchase from a company that LINK REMOVED offer a guarantee and get it UKAS calibrated

Jo:

--- Quote from: richardwilde90 on September 01, 2021, 09:43:01 AM ---I have read some post on here stating that all Chinese made measuring equipment is bad quality.

--- End quote ---

A lot of the "Cheap Stuff" is cheap because it failed the quality inspection... Then they flog it off to unsuspecting customers who, because it is cheap, think they are getting a bargain.

Jo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version