The Shop > Tools

What kind of quality to expect for chinese "Precision" tools and stuff

<< < (3/7) > >>

PekkaNF:
Now I have mailed them three times explaining best I can. Their stand is "About the item, the manufacturer said that it is acceptable, it is not the quality problem, and still good for using to the measuring job. Hope your kindly understanding. Thank you. "

I feel pretty stongly that it is very much quality problem. I'm not saying it is useless, I'm saying it has a defect.

I'm thinking of ordering a new one from CTC or somewhere else and avoid buying from them.

Pekka

PekkaNF:
Well fool me six times :lol:

Decided to give up with that company and their products. Problem is that I have few more on the slow boat.

Yesterday I got ER20 holder that I put on the test right way. I ordered parallel shank 20 mm ER20 holder, nut, chuck key and three collets.

The nut key did not fit into the nut! I normally would just bin it, but this is the mini nut, with a rather special key. Doubt if that zink? cast key would be any good anyways, no big deal.

BUT looks like the tightening nut or thread on the shaft is 0,1 mm wonky! Tightened some solid carbide drills into the chuck and all were off least 0,03 mm, right on the collet.

Now I know where not to buy. I'm going to measure all parts carefully and then contact them.

Should I use PayPal dispute or what would work? I don't like long winded e-mail exhange, where the other end has no idea how accurate their 0,01 mm "precission" holders should be.

Pekka

PekkaNF:
I'm measuring some ER shanks and collets. CTC stuff seems to have TIR allways between 0,01 - 0,02 mm range. I have never measured worse and not regualary better. These I measure just cleaning parts and putting them together.

On the other had eBay/banggood seems to be at it's best (after much fiddling) close to 0,02 mm and worst so far 0,08 mm!

I'm including the pictures of the method that provides most accurate and repeatable results, I could come up with. I tonly works well on cylindrical shanks.

Shanks seem to be often a little under size, tapering a little (about 0,01 mm /100 mm) and one was slightly trilobular!

Most challenging to measure was my latest ER20/20 mm parallel shank and three collets I got.
8 mm collet, best 0,02 mm TIR
10 mm collet regularry 0,04 mm TIR
12 mm collet 0,06 -0,08 TIR

Included Nut key did not fit into the nut!

Pekka

chipenter:
I bought a set of ER16 collets from China , and they had buurs on the slits a clean up with a diamond needle file brought the errors fight down .

PekkaNF:
Thanks. I noticed the burr too, but it does not stop there. Any problems with threads? Or nut taper being rough or excentric?

CTC stuff has worked out of the box, not up to real western standards, but very decent for the price.

Three examples I have ordered from china mainland have had more burrs, thread hasnot been that great and nuts have had issues.

Pekka

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version