The Shop > Wood & Stuff

A small wood working project

<< < (2/2)

Manxmodder:

--- Quote from: Eugene on October 27, 2016, 04:26:08 AM ---Smiffy,

I love your idea of a "small" project!

My small (yet to be born) project is a cider apple scratter and press; I've recently been given access to a couple of old cider apple trees free and for nuffink. It's too late for me to get weaving for this season, but I could be up and running next year. 

I'm just round the corner from you in Little Hereford near Ludlow; if you could let me know the address of the saw mill you got the timber from, that would be a really big help. Using oak is the most authentic and practical way to go, and green oak best of all.

Which leaves two trees full of cider apples; if anyone in the forum or their mates / family would like them, come and pick them up. I'd guess their would be around two dustbinsful. I'll give you a hand with ladders and such.

Eug

--- End quote ---

Eugene: but I could be up and running next year. 

If it's anything like the potent Cider my mate makes you'll be flat on your back.
I do like a bit of home brewed Cider....OZ.

jcs0001:
Smiffy

Chiming every hour?  I'll bet your neighbours will be happy  :)  I disable my kookoo clock at night or it's bye bye to sleep.

John.

Will_D:

--- Quote from: Eugene on October 27, 2016, 04:26:08 AM ---My small (yet to be born) project is a cider apple scratter and press; I've recently been given access to a couple of old cider apple trees free and for nuffink. It's too late for me to get weaving for this season, but I could be up and running next year. 

--- End quote ---
Hi Eug,

Have a look at our NHC site re: scratters and presses.

See my sig below and search Cider101 and Cider102

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version