The Shop > Electronics & IC Programing

TouchDRO with HF Calipers

<< < (3/3)

Chuck in E. TN:
At this point, I'm convinced that either the Android is faulty, or the version of TouchDRO is faulty. As I have mentioned, after a power cycle of the android or a software repair of the Android Bluetooth, TouchDRO will connect. I set it up last night and left it connected. Verified it was still connected to the Arduino BT this morning. As soon as I went to settings to set CPI for the X axis, it dropped the connection and will not reconnect. Yet my pc, Via TeraTerm happily displays the data from the caliper. Guess I'll save my pennies and get a other Android.

Chuck

modeldozer:
Hi Chuck,

I had the same problem with bluetooth when i intalled a touchDRO system on my lathe.  At the time I was using a Lenovo tablet.  What I found was that not all the bluetooth profiles are implemented on some tablets and worse not all document whitch profiles are availeble. You need to check whitch one your bluetooth module uses ( mine uses SPP, serial port profile). I ended up getting a Samsung tablet whitch is working fine and have since fitted it to my milling machine as well.
Tha other option would be direct USB connection.

Info on Bluetooth https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/bluetooth-basics

Hope this helps.
Abraham

Chuck in E. TN:
Thanks for the link, Abraham.

Chuck

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version