The Shop > Metal Stuff

It's a gas...

<< < (3/4) > >>

Will_D:
You need to check the Gas laws:

Some of the "rent free - from the garage suppliers" are smaller than the standard size X bottle and some even are only filled to 110 bar!

So my BOC X cylinder contains 2.3 cubic Metres (2300 Litres at STP*)  of Gas @ 230 bar {According to BOC {So the botlle holds 10 litres of water [this is the Water Capacity] - marked as WC on the neck stamps}

Now if another Same sized cylinder is filled to 115 bar you only have 1.15 cu M of gas

Likewise if its on of the skinny garage bottles it may only be 5 liters ( so 5 * 115 = 575 litres of gas at STP*)

*STP: Standard Temperature and pressure (1 bar at 20C usually)

HTH Will

naffsharpe (Nathan):
I'll second Tim on the  BOC/Volkzone deal. I found (after much research) that offered more Ltrs/£ than any other supplier deal and as Tim said no rental cost, just an annual deposit. I use Argoshield for Mig welding on my old VW Transporter which needs patching and panel replacement on a regular basis !
Nathan

DavidA:
Just had another nasty surprise.

My monthly account just arrived.

I didn't realise there was also a standing rental charge these days with Air Products. So another £10.35 per month to find.
Last time I user them there was just a fixed up front charge and the cost of the gas.

So what with oxy/acetylene and shield gas, It looks as if it is getting close to packing it all in time.

Dave.

Will_D:
10.35 pcm is for how many bottles and at what size?

DavidA:
 Will.

It appears to be for one PT10 size filled to 200 bar.

I do have a similar size bottle of acetylene from the same place. But that was taken out on my old account; which they say they no longer have. So I'm not sure if that one is being taken into account or not. No doubt I will find out when I need to renew it. There is no mention of it on the latest paperwork.

Dave.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version