The Shop > CNC

Controller Hardware

<< < (2/3) > >>

Imagineering:
have a good look at one of these ...

http://www.geckodrive.com/geckodrive-step-motor-drives/g540.html

Will_D:
Regarads this package: I have asked the seller for a manual explaining how to dowload the g-code!

In general buying this CNC stuff is a nightmare.

Quality UK (or .EU) stuff is VERY expensive (like over £100 for a 300 Ncm stepper and its driver board - Multiply by 3 and WTF?)

500 mm C7 ballscrew?

[adopt Monty Python Accent] "Ballscrews Sir, You should see ours, They are the absolute best, Wink, Wink, Nudge Nudge . Buy these and its as good as a nod to dead donkey!

500 mm ball screaws and nuts for £100 plus??

For the real link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGrvQ1c5khU&list=RDAGrvQ1c5khU#t=16

joshagrady:
I can't speak as to the quality of the product, since I've never actually purchased anything from him, but a German member of a local forum is very highly regarded for the quality of his controllers.  Among those who know, he is considered on par with Gecko.

Benezan-Electronics.de

John Stevenson:

--- Quote from: joshagrady on July 25, 2016, 04:57:52 AM ---I can't speak as to the quality of the product, since I've never actually purchased anything from him, but a German member of a local forum is very highly regarded for the quality of his controllers.  Among those who know, he is considered on par with Gecko.

Benezan-Electronics.de

--- End quote ---

That doesn't say a lot as Gecko is old hat now, no new products in a market that changes monthly.
The Chinese have had closed look steppers out for months now and even their Servo motor / driver combinations are very, very competitive.
You can get a 1.8Kw servo motor and driver which would make an ace spindle motor on something like a X3 or WM16 for £280

nrml:
Sorry if this is a rather stupid question. Is the loop closed between the servo motor and driver or does it pass through the machine controller? Can a closed loop servo system be used as a spindle motor on a lathe to enable basic thread cutting function with a controller that does not accept encoder feedback?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version