Author Topic: DDCSV1.1 4 Axis controller  (Read 439303 times)

Offline WeldingRod

Re: DDCSV1.1 4 Axis controller
« Reply #975 on: May 11, 2019, 11:32:35 AM »
How should I get it to you?

It will be Sunday; I'm cooking for Girl Scputs this weekend

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Offline Martin

« Reply #976 on: May 12, 2019, 04:25:20 PM »
Email would be best form me, if possible, no rush.

I have just received DDCVS1.1, cant wait to hook it up to my machine. :nrocks:

Latest firmware from Yt liu via Facebook is attached
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 05:04:56 PM by Martin »

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #977 on: May 13, 2019, 07:54:17 AM »
Thanks to everyone who voted  :thumbup:
The vote concluded with a majority of voters deciding to keep the website open.
I am happy to say that I have renewed the contract for at least another year.

There is just one more poll I would like everyone to answer, which might yield a final gift for the community  :beer:
https://strawpoll.com/rswzz8gx

Cheers,
Benedikt

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #978 on: May 16, 2019, 03:41:38 PM »
:update:
Alright, I have now completely rewritten the Pandora-CNC.eu website from scratch. It is a lot slimmer now and does not rely on a CMS or cookies anymore.
It does also free some of the server resources which helps too. I have also made sure that all links keep working which turned out to be a lot more problematic than I had first thought  :bang:
The website is now available in English, Russian, German and Chinese.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 04:51:58 AM by Benedikt »

Offline WeldingRod

« Reply #979 on: May 23, 2019, 11:47:06 AM »
I've sent you a PM; I didn't see a way to add an attachment to it.
Now that I've started digging, it looks like my hard drive crash may have eaten ALL of my DDCSV information (scream).  working on it...

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #980 on: March 16, 2020, 09:00:14 AM »
I'm working on a new release of Pandora, based on the last suitable base version from 07/2019.
This time we can even change colors, add images and move controls. Any suggestions on how the UI needs to be improved?

Offline WeldingRod

« Reply #981 on: March 16, 2020, 04:54:05 PM »
Hapiness!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Offline JHovel

« Reply #982 on: March 18, 2020, 04:36:08 AM »
Hi Benedikt,
does you previous version - or will your next version - change any of the post processor requirements?
What are the general functional advantages of your versions compared to the factory version on a DDCSV2.1  with version 2019-11-3(112) firmware?
Cheers,
Joe

Offline WeldingRod

« Reply #983 on: March 18, 2020, 09:20:56 PM »
I'm currently fighting with a bug in the arc commands.  I'm not sure if its g2 or g3 that's the culprit, but its sliding my layers...

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #984 on: March 20, 2020, 08:32:32 AM »
Hi Benedikt,
does you previous version - or will your next version - change any of the post processor requirements?
What are the general functional advantages of your versions compared to the factory version on a DDCSV2.1  with version 2019-11-3(112) firmware?
Hi Joe,

it does not directly affect the post processor requirements. If the manufacturer changed it since 2018, then yes.
Generally, an on-device pre-processor could be implemented, but that is something I don't have time for unless it's for hire.

The primary advantages (to the end user) of my firmware is that it improves translation, fixes a few other bugs and allows using a keyboard or numpad to control the UI and adding a custom splash screen.
For more advanced users, it allows accessing the Linux running inside, writing custom GUIs and integrating other software.

I will probably look into networking again. Would be nice to get USB WiFi sticks working and to remote control the controller from a PC (also uploading files). Perhaps I may also improve the GUI a bit.

There are also other tools I, as well as other members, have developed that allow configuring the parameters online, easily updating the firmware without any technical knowledge, but also manipulating the flash memory, intercepting the commands to the motion coprocessor (the FPGA), sending data directly to the motion coprocessor from the command line, a new bootloader, among other tweaks.

Cheers,
Benedikt

Offline JHovel

« Reply #985 on: March 28, 2020, 07:32:08 AM »
Thanks for the explanation Benedikt! That was very helpful.
Cheers,
Joe
Cheers,
Joe

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #986 on: May 12, 2020, 09:36:43 AM »
I have now fully updated the http://pandora-cnc.eu/ website and the configuration generator at http://config.pandora-cnc.eu/ should now be fully compatible with DDVSV1.1, DDCSV2.1 and DDCSV3.1 running the latest factory firmware. You can download the latest manuals and factory firmware at http://pandora-cnc.eu/download.

I would much appreciate if someone could setup a good default starting point for the configurator. I'd be happy to include it as the default set of values. I am also planning to finally complete the translation of the configuration generator to be fully available in other languages.

The COVID-19 caused lockdown finally allowed me to do some work on this project again.
Stay healthy, wash your hands and wear a mask!

Cheers,
Benedikt

Offline WeldingRod

« Reply #987 on: May 12, 2020, 11:15:46 AM »
Is the current Pandora synced up with DDCSV3?

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #988 on: May 12, 2020, 12:13:15 PM »
Is the current Pandora synced up with DDCSV3?
Not yet, but a new version is in the pipeline. Stay tuned!

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #989 on: May 12, 2020, 01:39:12 PM »
Many thanks for the kind donation, Rod!  :beer:

I've now also updated the Windows installer. It will now allow you to easily install the currently latest version of the factory firmware.

Offline ddmckee54

« Reply #990 on: May 13, 2020, 12:37:47 PM »
Benedikt:

I recently purchased a DDCSV3.1 4 axis controller that I intend to use on a CNC router that I'm building.  I got it off Ebay and the pictures in the listing had RATTM MOTOR splashed across them.

I was just wondering in you had any idea how much of this thread is applicable to that controller.  I don't know if I've got the patience to wade through all 40 pages.  Any recommendations?

Don
Too many irons, not enough fire.

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #991 on: May 13, 2020, 12:43:14 PM »
I recently purchased a DDCSV3.1 4 axis controller that I intend to use on a CNC router that I'm building.  I got it off Ebay and the pictures in the listing had RATTM MOTOR splashed across them.

I was just wondering in you had any idea how much of this thread is applicable to that controller.  I don't know if I've got the patience to wade through all 40 pages.  Any recommendations?

Hello Don,

while I myself could only really confirm this for the DDCSV1.1 and the RMHV2.1, the RATTM Motor branded controllers appeared to always be just relabeled DDCSV controllers. I do believe that this is still true today. At least the firmware updates are, as far as I know, still fully compatible.

Cheers,
Benedikt

Offline ddmckee54

« Reply #992 on: May 13, 2020, 02:11:12 PM »
Benedikt:

I guess what I'm asking is do I need to do anything to this controller besides configuring it for my machine?  I would assume that since it's brand new, that it should have the latest firmware already installed - or is this a dangerous assumption? 

I've downloaded the manual from your site, and have been going through it to get familiar with the controller.

Don

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #993 on: May 14, 2020, 06:50:00 AM »
I guess what I'm asking is do I need to do anything to this controller besides configuring it for my machine?  I would assume that since it's brand new, that it should have the latest firmware already installed - or is this a dangerous assumption?

You don't have to change anything. It's advisable to update the controller, but even that is completely optional.
Just set up your parameters on the controller or on http://config.pandora-cnc.eu/ and connect the wires.
That's all you need to do to get it working.

Cheers,
Benedikt

Offline ddmckee54

« Reply #994 on: May 14, 2020, 11:18:05 AM »
Thanks Benedikt, I was worried that there were a bunch of patches/fixes that I would need to install.

Configuring the controller for my machine I wasn't worried about, that's a given for any self built CNC.  Installing a bunch of fixes to the controller on the other hand...  That was something I hoped that I didn't have to do.

Don

Offline kankarrio

« Reply #995 on: October 16, 2020, 02:32:37 PM »
I'm reading the post thread, but with the language I defend myself badly and I have to act as a translator.

I have a ddcsv2.1 4axis and a ddcsv1.1 3axis

in the ddcsv I want to install pandora

I have two questions:

1: has it been possible to make the 4th axis work in the ddcsv1.1 3 axis?

2: what firmware do I install?
pandora 08/26/2918 or factory
03/06/2020

Thanks in advance

Offline WeldingRod

« Reply #996 on: October 17, 2020, 02:41:27 PM »
Yes, you can do 4 axis.  I have done 4 axis work on my DDCSV.

Offline kankarrio

« Reply #997 on: October 17, 2020, 03:30:12 PM »

Is it necessary to do something in the ddcsv or does updating the firmware activate the 4th axis?

thanks for answering

Offline WeldingRod

« Reply #998 on: October 19, 2020, 03:04:49 PM »
It's been too long, I dont remember; sorry!

Offline ddmckee54

« Reply #999 on: October 21, 2020, 02:31:08 PM »
I believe that somewhere in this thread it was determined that the only difference between a 3 axis controller, and a 4 axis controller was the firmware.  You could load the 4 axis firmware update into what was originally a 3 axis controller and you would then have a 4 axis controller.

If you loaded the 3 axis update into your 4 axis controller, well then you just turned it into a 3 axis controller.

I believe that discussion was within the first year or two of this thread starting up.  I remember seeing the discussion as I was reading through this thread when I was trying to decide what flavor of CNC controller to use in my build.

Don