Author Topic: DDCSV1.1 4 Axis controller  (Read 439275 times)

Offline dale brisson

Re: DDCSV1.1 4 Axis controller
« Reply #775 on: December 01, 2017, 09:19:53 AM »
hello
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 01:05:12 PM by dale brisson »

Offline Will_D

• National Homebrew Club of Ireland
« Reply #776 on: December 01, 2017, 09:57:42 AM »
Back to Backlash Basics.

Has anyone used this on the  version 1.1 controller and the 16-04-17 software?

I know I have about 0.1 mm backlash in X and Y

If I run this code

G17 G21 G90 G94 G54
(^Safe Block^)
F 2.
S 10.
G1 X-1.  Y-1.
G1 X0.
Y0.
G1 X10.
Y10.
G1 X0.
Y0.
M30

I return to zero =/- 0.005 mm

My settings are #437 to #440 0 (no correction)
#441 to #444 0.000 note this can only be a positive number from 0.000 to 0.999 mm.
#445 (speed) set to 99

Enabling X and Y backlash and setting say 0.1mm of backlash makes no difference.

This is very confusing.

Is there any point in trying the 2.1 firmware?

Also note that #445 can bot set to less than 99 mm/min

Engineer and Chemist to the NHC.ie
http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.ie/forum/

Offline KevJ

« Reply #777 on: December 01, 2017, 10:42:04 AM »
Merc and Kevn,

You have your G code set for 3 axis arc interpolation. look at your Gcode see the Z move on a G03 line. This controller only supports interpolated arc move on a single plane at a time ( this is pretty common). most controllers till the very late 90's started to offer interpolate arcs on 3 axis. This is a setting in your post processor to restrict arcs to a single plane like x/y per line. Don't be mistaken, this controller can make perfect 3 axis helix moves. Its just the way the post processor handles the code by mixing G01 with G03 moves, the motion of the machine is no different and super smooth as the controller can prosses code with lookahead very fast. Just select no helix moves in your post processor, it will still helix, just won't use a G03 with a Z on the same line. Long story short, Gcode is correct for a different controller, that's why it will work in simulators and some other controllers. you simply have the wrong post processor for this controller. look at the postprocessor file and look for helix allowed and or arc interpolation planes allowed making sure its set to 1.  Look at the screenshot of the fusion 360 post.

Thanks Chris, that was indeed the problem.

I made changes to the post processor to convert the three axis arc to linear moves and the machine is happy now.

Hi Benedikt, great work.

KevJ

Offline merc

« Reply #778 on: December 02, 2017, 05:50:42 AM »
Merc and Kevn,

You have your G code set for 3 axis arc interpolation. look at your Gcode see the Z move on a G03 line. This controller only supports interpolated arc move on a single plane at a time ( this is pretty common). most controllers till the very late 90's started to offer interpolate arcs on 3 axis. This is a setting in your post processor to restrict arcs to a single plane like x/y per line. Don't be mistaken, this controller can make perfect 3 axis helix moves. Its just the way the post processor handles the code by mixing G01 with G03 moves, the motion of the machine is no different and super smooth as the controller can prosses code with lookahead very fast. Just select no helix moves in your post processor, it will still helix, just won't use a G03 with a Z on the same line. Long story short, Gcode is correct for a different controller, that's why it will work in simulators and some other controllers. you simply have the wrong post processor for this controller. look at the postprocessor file and look for helix allowed and or arc interpolation planes allowed making sure its set to 1.  Look at the screenshot of the fusion 360 post.

Thanks for the answer, I will try to disable helixes. Is there are any plans to fix this helix issue? It looks like 21st century, not 1990 :)

Offline dale brisson

« Reply #779 on: December 02, 2017, 11:39:09 AM »
 :proj:
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 01:05:46 PM by dale brisson »

Offline philf

« Reply #780 on: December 02, 2017, 11:53:40 AM »
Dale,

If your stepper driver is set to 1,600 steps per rev and you have a 16mm pitch leadscrew then the pulses per mm is simply 1,600/16 = 100 pulses/mm.

Your resolution would be 0.01mm.

16mm is a heck of a pitch for a 16 diameter ball screw - they're normally 5 or 10 mm pitch. At 16mm pitch you'll need powerful steppers to drive the table and also to resist cutting forces.

Phil.
Phil Fern

Offline dale brisson

« Reply #781 on: December 02, 2017, 12:12:10 PM »
ive had theses ball screws for year + with 1800 oz motors ya there big fast lots of power the ball screw is 1616 16mm pre rev 16mm diameter  thanks philf

just need to figure the vfd i hate doing it by hand on/off speed etc.. i want the software to do it

Offline philf

« Reply #782 on: December 02, 2017, 01:13:52 PM »
Hi Dale,

I haven't got a DDCSV controller - I use Mach3.

I'm sure someone out there will know.

Phil.
Phil Fern

Offline dale brisson

« Reply #783 on: December 02, 2017, 01:19:34 PM »
( hey philf) i also have a mach3 (bob) but cant get mach3  to run on windows 10 so right now im stuck using cheap uno board running grbl. so i bought the ddscv1.1  in hopes to just use the kinda vfd i have  work :doh:

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #784 on: December 02, 2017, 01:53:14 PM »
( hey philf) i also have a mach3 (bob) but cant get mach3  to run on windows 10 so right now im stuck using cheap uno board running grbl. so i bought the ddscv1.1  in hopes to just use the kinda vfd i have  work :doh:
I actually came from grbl too and later upgraded to the DDCSV1.1. However, I have in the meantime switched back to grbl and a mini Windows 8.1 PC. I found a touchscreen that matched the hole I cut into the front panel and then designed a 3D printed holder for the display. It's working quite well so far.

The reason, I went back is that my original DDCSV1.1 broke down during bootloader development and I had to order a new one from China. Two lost shipments later, I got refunded and many months had passed. Since I had to get my CNC up and running again, I settled for a better grbl based controller along the setup described above.

Best regards,
Benedikt

Offline dale brisson

« Reply #785 on: December 02, 2017, 02:06:57 PM »
Benedikt M. this is my 4th or 5th board (controller)  im using estlcam and the amount of things i can do is great t400 steel is no problem i just take it slow and easy . but i had my eye on the ddcsv1.1 for a year now and just bought one got it in 3 days but my big issue is my vfd cant use it with arduino uno (grbl) my mach 3 board will work with it. but now i really want the ddcsv to run it ..but i can figure out the vfd grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Offline antonio

« Reply #786 on: December 03, 2017, 02:11:04 AM »
hi
I'm return with my old question.
is it possible to change the homing sequency xyz instead of zxy?

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
« Reply #787 on: December 03, 2017, 03:06:29 AM »
Homing Z first is conventional for safety reasons, getting the tool above any obstructions on the table
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline antonio

« Reply #788 on: December 03, 2017, 03:21:16 AM »
My problem is that z sensor is on below of a fixed xy position.. for this reason i ve  move x and y firsth than z

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Offline dale brisson

« Reply #789 on: December 03, 2017, 10:14:21 AM »
hello fellow members have a few question for you new to the form .
i have the ddcsv1.1 and a vfd my vfd is a kinda 320 series 2.2kw i will attach the pdf for anyone to give me a hand ( thanks in advance) first question how do i hook this thing up ..IM so lost was told i have a pretty good vfd from other groups but no help with this..

also pulse per mm i know its steps my motors do 200 steps per rev my driver are set at 1600. my ball screws are 1616 ..16mm per rotation(360)degrees   whats the math for this again? or the answer lol

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #790 on: December 03, 2017, 10:57:53 AM »
I think this topic is long enough now, to provide a small summary what we did so far and what is hopefully going to happen in the future.
I may have forgotten the one or other thing, so please complain if you find anything.
Requests are as usually welcome.

What we did so far that you can already profit from:
- Added support for wireless keypads/keyboard/MPGs
- Redid the English translation to clean up the interface and make operation easier
- Created an online configuration utility for easy machine setup and later editing of the configuration at http://config.pandora-cnc.eu/
- Hosted a website with downloads, info and other interesting at http://pandora-cnc.eu/
- Developing an assistant for simplifying firmware upgrades
- Added support for custom boot-up images (may be useful for identifying machines or just as a personalization option)

What we worked on so far under the hood (technical):
- Lot's of reverse-engineering of the FPGA registers, the application, the keypad interface, ...
- Some circuit-level reverse-engineering
- Writing a new CPU bootloader (not finished yet)
- Getting a cross-compiler set up and patching lots of libraries, Makefiles and utilites for getting many Linux applications to run (e.g. Lua, Python, SDL and many more).
- Writing a utility to read, extract and create raw NAND flash images from dumps we read out
- Writing a utility for directly manipulating the FPGA from the Linux command-line
- Writing some SDL test apps
- Writing a new FPGA Linux driver with logic-analyzer debug capabilities
- Writing a new Keypad Linux driver (not finished yet)
- Decompiling the original application and patching certain parts to fix translations, add USB keyboard support and to allow us to get our own external code to run.
- Developing new boot-scripts for adding custom kernel modules, libraries, configuration, handling firmware upgrades, etc.
- Added support and drivers for USB serial adapters. If you want to access the Linux command line, you can boot up with a Prolific USB serial adapter and you will get a root shell on that serial port.
- Work on a new Linux kernel with support for USB-Ethernet adapters (and possibly WiFi) to allow remote control and remote file upload to the controller
- Hand-fixed the Nand dumps we pulled off the flash to be able to flash them back to recover bricked controllers. You may even send them in for repair if you really need to. Just leave me a pm.

What I am currently working on:
- Fixing inch mode using an on-device post-processor that turns all inch parameters into millimeters and also fixes some other errors
- Working with the original engineer to bring many of the currently Pandora-only features to the original factory firmware and also adding other, new features to it (such as homing individual axis, on-device plugin support for creating custom cycles, etc. (using Lua scripts), maybe support for other languages and more

If you are just discovering this topic, all you need to do to get started on a Windows computer, is the following:
1st. Set up your machine's settings over at http://config.pandora-cnc.eu/ and download the resulting file.
2nd. Download the latest installer from http://pandora-cnc.eu/en/download and find an empty USB stick. Follow the instructions on screen to install the new firmware onto your controller.
3rd. Put the USB stick back into your computer and copy the settings file you have previously created onto the USB stick. Later, safely remove the stick from your PC and plug it back into your controller.
4th. Go to the file manager page and find your settings file you have just created. Press the Enter button on your CNC to load the new settings.
5th. Power-cycle your controller to finish the application of the new settings.

Many thanks go to the nice people who have donated. I have created a "Thank you" page over at http://pandora-cnc.eu/en/supporters.

Best regards,
Benedikt

Offline ugv

« Reply #791 on: December 03, 2017, 03:42:44 PM »
as somebody know how use probe fonction in auto with my tool changer i want measure tool after each tool change please?

Offline antonio

« Reply #792 on: December 05, 2017, 02:42:24 PM »
I've tried the new firmware but it seems backlash working only with g0 and g1... not working with g2 and g3... help pls!
when change the direction of x or y axis during working g2 and g3 the machine not calculate the parameters of backlash. why?

Offline aolney

« Reply #793 on: December 06, 2017, 12:44:42 PM »
Trouble shooting question here.

When I run my DDCS controlled knee mill with a jog wheel or a program I am getting random drop outs of the x or y axis. It is weird because it does not seem to be the servo drive dropping out but the controller failing to issue steps. For example, if the y quits, the x and z jog wheel still work fine but moving the y jog wheel does not change the displayed position or move the axis.

Any one know what could be going on? Some setting? All limits are turned off.

Andy Olney

Offline aolney

« Reply #794 on: December 06, 2017, 01:00:26 PM »
Here are my settings FYI. I had to change the file type to txt.

Andy

Offline aolney

« Reply #795 on: December 06, 2017, 02:19:56 PM »
On further investigation, it appears to be related to the spindle drive. I have not been able to make it fail if the spindle is not running. I have been able to make all three axes fail if I leave the spindle running.

Still a weird issue. What could be in a controller that would disable an axis and leave the others running for a while?
Andy

Offline blades

« Reply #796 on: December 06, 2017, 06:53:20 PM »
Hello All,

DDCSV2.1 is available at https://www.lollette.com/cnc-controller/DDCSV1.1-offline-CNC-Controller.html

When you order the DDCSV1.1 you are getting the DDCSV2.1. I got this confirm.

How it differs from v1.1?

Looks more like it should be DDCSV1.2
Bill

- No best but better

Offline ugv

« Reply #797 on: December 08, 2017, 05:02:39 PM »

Offline Will_D

• National Homebrew Club of Ireland
« Reply #798 on: December 10, 2017, 07:44:32 AM »
In order to machine circular paths do the x and y steps per mm have to be the same even if the two lead screws are different pitches ( compensated by micro steo settings)?

That is params #34 and #35 are the same

Any comments on post #776 above re. backlash?

Cheers

Will
Engineer and Chemist to the NHC.ie
http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.ie/forum/

Offline chriscnc

« Reply #799 on: December 10, 2017, 08:14:34 PM »
@merc

It will still helix, you just tell the post processor to not use the helix command and it will still make a code that does a helix. This controller mirrors a fanuc O-M witch still is used today. even new ones have to be enabled to do this. its just the way the code is feed, It does helix just not with a helix line.  when you make a Cam process that has a helix plunge its just saying you want to spiral the tool in. when you post process based on your post processors setting will make code that fits your controller. so it will still do the helix just not with a G03 Z line. If that makes sences. so there is nothing this control motion wise it cant do vs say mach3 etc. you just need to feed it the right post processor.