Author Topic: DDCSV1.1 4 Axis controller  (Read 438813 times)

Offline Benedikt

Re: DDCSV1.1 4 Axis controller
« Reply #575 on: May 09, 2017, 10:36:54 AM »
Rob, you are the other God of this forum :)
(Pardon, No.1  is Benedikt)
Haha, thanks. I feel flattered  :beer:

Is there a change log listing the overview of changes so far made to this controller?
Not officially.
But here you go:

- Added USB Keyboard / Keypad support
- Translated the UI from Chinglish into proper English
- Added USB serial drivers (if such an adapter is connected on boot, a root shell is spanwed automatically)
- Added autostart script hooks (from USB and from internal flash)
- Keep settings on firmware upgrade
- Improved the file manager
- Fixed issues in the underlying Linux file system
- Added a new customizable splash screen

I might have forgotten something, but these are the major changes of the original firmware.

Most of our work has targeted a new open-source GPL rewrite of the software. We have rewritten the keypad driver and the FPGA driver. I have written many support utilities such as a FPGA debug utility, a NAND flash dumping utility, a NAND flash image editor and more.
I have also written a Makefile to build SDL with PNG and TTF support and all their required dependencies, gnuddrescue and a userland framebuffer terminal.

A full list of utilities can be found on our repositories:
Mine: https://github.com/bmuessig?tab=repositories
iocapa: https://github.com/iocapa?tab=repositories

Here's a simplified roadmap:
* FIX MY UNIT!!!
* Finish keypad driver support
* Write a small utility for controlling the internal buzzer
* Write a replacement GUI application

What has to be done concurrently is resume work on pdmotiond which is a full open source GPL reimplementation of the entire CNC motion stack.
This will also handle the limit switches, emergency stop, different axis configurations, FPGA setup (steps per mm, etc.) and homing / probing.

Offline PPRINT

« Reply #576 on: May 09, 2017, 11:13:44 AM »
Benedikt, please let us know if your control is not repairable.

I am willing to kick in to help fund a replacement to further the development of this control.

Rob

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
The afternoon knows what the morning never suspected.

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #577 on: May 09, 2017, 11:20:03 AM »

I am willing to kick in to help fund a replacement to further the development of this control.

Rob
This is a really kind offer  :bugeye:
I am trying everything to get the controller back to life, but if I fail, I would love to come back to your offer  :thumbup:

EDIT:
I have just registered us a domain:
http://pandora-cnc.eu/ which will now serve as the download address (replacing data.bmuessig.eu) and will contain all information and the credits.
The site will also have, being a .eu, free whois protection...

Thanks,
Benedikt
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 03:24:41 PM by Benedikt M. »

Offline johnsattuk

« Reply #578 on: May 09, 2017, 04:15:30 PM »

Rob

Will also help

Offline antonio

« Reply #579 on: May 10, 2017, 03:18:48 AM »
hi Benedikt. it seems that pandora configurator online page not work

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #580 on: May 10, 2017, 04:41:38 AM »

Rob

Will also help
Thank you!  :D

hi Benedikt. it seems that pandora configurator online page not work
Right, this is due to me changing many server internal things.
I have moved my blog to a new CMS and therefore hand't fixed the links at that point.
I am sorry for any inconveniances. It is now resolved.
The old links will all still work for the forseeable future, but officially, the Configurator is now available in it's new home http://config.pandora-cnc.eu/
There is now also a Basic documentation http://docs.pandora-cnc.eu/en/ a download page http://pandora-cnc.eu/download and a repository http://dl.pandora-cnc.eu/

I have started to add text and translated the docs into German. Other language contributions are very welcome.

BR,
Benedikt

Offline iocapa

« Reply #581 on: May 10, 2017, 05:42:56 AM »
Good news.
The motiondev driver rewrite is at a stable version.

https://github.com/iocapa/motiondev

The basic idea is that I rewrote the driver to behave the same as the original one but with included sniffing/tracing code.
The data can be accessed by an external tool also available in the repository (Use README for more info if interrested).
Basically you unload the original stuff and insert this new one and launch the app.

Here are some filtered traces, if anyone is curious (filtered only LKT read/write events, don't know exactly what they are).

Offline iocapa

« Reply #582 on: May 10, 2017, 06:01:10 AM »
Forgot to add a trace for all the event that happen at app start and a few seconds (10) into it.

Offline MachineShopMan

• Machine Shop Columbus Ohio
« Reply #583 on: May 10, 2017, 06:22:58 AM »
One more question,
Is it possible to restore the factory windows op system?

I can't find it... :scratch:
While there should be no reason to do so, yes you can.
This is the factory firmware, do not download if you don't want to restore to factory and lose your config!
Download stock/factory firmware
Instructions to flash it are as with my firmware.
While this will install the original firmware, it will not remove additional files / hooks / etc. that have been put in place by my firmware.
But again, if something doesn't work with my firmware, please report it or I can't fix it!

:update:
News to the new firmware!
I have reverse-engineered the bootloader and written a program to generate complete NAND flash images that can be downloaded to the controller's NAND from within the controller's Linux. This means, we will soon get Ethernet and a fully custom boot splash :).

Best regards,
Benedikt

exactly what im looking for thanks!

Offline RotarySMP

« Reply #584 on: May 10, 2017, 10:14:10 AM »
Thanks.
Mark
Best regards, Meilleures salutations, Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Cu salutari
Mark
https://www.youtube.com/c/RotarySMP

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #585 on: May 14, 2017, 03:25:10 PM »
THANK YOU IOCAPA, YOU ARE AMAZING, MAN!!!  :nrocks:

I have just received the best email in a long time.
Attached was a 4axis.bin which flashed to my controller just fine.
IT IS ALIVE AGAIN!!!  :D

I owe you so much, @iocapa.

Also thank you all so much, who would have donated to me, if the controller would've been totally dead.
Without iocapa, it certainly would've.

I may need to clarify, that the controller is not yet fully working.
What works again now is, that the same embedded Linux which is running on all your controllers, is now booting.
Many files are still missing and it might take a lot more time to fix this, but I think we can mostly recover it.
It will never be particularily good again, but hopefully good enough to be used for further development.

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #586 on: May 21, 2017, 07:15:01 PM »
It seems like we were on a good path.
But I can't tell if we can really get it back to factory firmware again.
I have tried to contact the manufacturer about it, but after an initial response I have never heared back.
Currently I am trying to get the flash dumped in a different way than what I have tried in the past.
This one is booted instead of Linux and writes the huge image compressed over the RS232 port.
If this attempt fails, I may have to resort back to the kind donation offers...

Anyways, unfortunately there has not yet been any progress recently that anyone except us developers can make use of.
If anyone has ARM Keil, please PM me. I would need some code built.
If not, I am working on a bare-metal toolchain for the controller so that we could run any operating system or bare-metal C code.
The latter is what I need for the Flash copy utility.

EDIT: There has been one thing I got to work which will be useful for the others of you. There is now Lua support for the controller which will be included by default in further firmware releases and finally the full rewrite. Lua is a very nice and very easy to learn programming language which is in some aspects similar to Basic. We will allow users to write plugins in Lua to extend the new firmware's capabilities and add cycles and other customizations.

BR,
Benedikt

Offline aolney

« Reply #587 on: May 23, 2017, 03:24:16 PM »
Using DDCSV1.1 in inch mode?

I am in the middle of switching from Mach 3 to this device and am missing something about the inch programming mode.

I have used Fusion 360 and Jay's post processor to generate the code below with a G20 for inch mode. it is the outside contour of a rectangle.
The DDCSV1.1 display is not matching up with the program coordinates.

I have attached my setup vars for ref. ( Thanks to Benedikt for the configuration utility and firmware!)

Andy Olney

Here is a photo:
https://goo.gl/photos/KK77kqJdbG5xELAF7

(Program: outside)
(test)
(Toolpath: 2D Contour2)
(Units: inches)
(Tool: bullnose end mill, D=0.250 CR=0.015)
(Workpiece:   -1.293 <= X <= 1.293 | -0.789 <= Y <= 0.789 | -0.290 <= Z <= 0.000)
(Tool travel: -1.378 <= X <= 1.378 | -0.949 <= Y <= 0.874 | -0.040 <= Z <= 0.600)
(Safe Z: 15.240)
G90
G20
G64 P0.001
G00 Z15.240
S 1000
M03
(--- 2D Contour2 ---)
S 1000
G00 X1.278 Y-0.949 Z0.600
G00 X1.278 Y-0.949 Z0.200
G01 X1.278 Y-0.949 Z0.039 F60
G01 X1.278 Y-0.949 Z-0.015 F30
G01 X1.278 Y-0.946 Z-0.028
G01 X1.278 Y-0.936 Z-0.037
G01 X1.278 Y-0.924 Z-0.040
G01 X1.278 Y-0.899 Z-0.040 F60
G03 X1.253 Y-0.874 Z-0.040 I-0.025 J0.000
G01 X-1.253 Y-0.874 Z-0.040
G02 X-1.378 Y-0.749 Z-0.040 I0.000 J0.125
G01 X-1.378 Y0.749 Z-0.040
G02 X-1.253 Y0.874 Z-0.040 I0.125 J0.000
G01 X1.253 Y0.874 Z-0.040
G02 X1.378 Y0.749 Z-0.040 I0.000 J-0.125
G01 X1.378 Y-0.749 Z-0.040
G02 X1.253 Y-0.874 Z-0.040 I-0.125 J0.000
G03 X1.228 Y-0.899 Z-0.040 I0.000 J-0.025
G01 X1.228 Y-0.924 Z-0.040
G01 X1.228 Y-0.936 Z-0.037
G01 X1.228 Y-0.946 Z-0.028
G01 X1.228 Y-0.949 Z-0.015
G00 X1.228 Y-0.949 Z0.600
G00 Z15.240
M5
M2

Offline PPRINT

« Reply #588 on: May 23, 2017, 08:17:16 PM »
Not sure why your machine is acting weird.  I am going to spend some time reviewing the info you have supplied.  Hopefully something will stick out.

I see you have a G64 in there.  I have never thought to try that code on this control.  I am amazed at the codes that this machine will process that are not documented in the manual.  Maybe we should start compiling a list of usable codes.

Have you tried to run the code without the G64?

What does the machine motion look like when running the code?  Is it moving anywhere near the dimensions you have programmed?  Or more like the positions on the control in your picture?

Have you run any code in metric format to see if the problem is isolated to the G20?

Try a box shape with no radi also. 

Just throwing things out there to maybe shake something loose.

Rob

Rob

Offline aolney

« Reply #589 on: May 23, 2017, 09:10:19 PM »
Rob -

Thanks for the reply.

We think alike; have I had already removed the G64 with no change and tested with  a mm file, which works fine.

Not quite finished with the controller so no motion yet.

Just tried a hand coded rectangle and it was 6.25 times too large, which is not a multiple of conversion to mm (25.4).

Is G20 working fine for you?

Andy

Offline rowbare

« Reply #590 on: May 24, 2017, 08:21:34 AM »
Since you are just switching over, have you set up your steps per inch properly? What are the results like when you are jogging? i.e. if you jog an inch on the DROS are you moving an inch?

bob

Offline PPRINT

« Reply #591 on: May 24, 2017, 08:35:57 AM »
Andy, I had some time before work this morning and ran your code on my machine.  Just like in your example, the control shows some crazy numbers.  I did not capture if the motions are are correct even if the control is not.

I took out the G64 and it appeared to run the same.

I took out the G20 and it ran fine in metric mode.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say to forget about getting the control to run in inch mode via the G20.

That being said, I saw on another forum where a person fooled the control into thinking it was in inch mode by multiplying his pulses/per mm by 25.4.  This means the control will put out 25.4 times the number of pulses necessary...which will in effect make the machine make movements in the inch realm.  The down side is that the machine is now only able to accept 3 decimal place inputs (.001).  For this to work correctly I would guess the post processor would need to be adjust to output 3 decimal places to ensure the rounding happens outside of the control.  Not sure if that is a requirement, but I know it will work correctly.

The G64.  I am torn by that command.  I have not used it much in my 30 year programming career, but that does not mean anything tangible.  I might be missing out on something great.  I am going to review my FANUC manuals at work today and see how to correctly use it and test it at home on this control.  I'm fairly certain one would not see any measurable effect on a home built machine unless they are machining at very high feed rates and trying to hold a corner definition. I'm very realistic with my application and I can say without a shadow of a doubt my machine is the weak link in holding tight corners at high speed. 

Rob

Offline aolney

« Reply #592 on: May 24, 2017, 12:10:19 PM »
Rob -

Thanks for checking! Not good news that you can repeat the error - I was hoping it was me.

Re the G64 - Fusion put that in and I don't know if it supported or what it does.

I tried to run the simple program below and the display is 6.25 times too big on x, y, and z, which has to be a clue.
What firmware are you running? I am thinking of flashing the original to check.

G90
G20
G01 X2 F50
G01 Y3 F40
G01 X0 F40
G01 Y0
M2

Feeds did not seem to have an effect, not sure why.

Steps converted via Mathcad and should be good since the units work.

Thanks for your help.

Andy

Offline PPRINT

« Reply #593 on: May 24, 2017, 12:40:41 PM »
Andy, I'm using Benedikt's latest release firmware.

I was just setting here thinking and I have not run a single thing on my machine that I have measured....nor do I watch the line of code to see if I am at the programmed coordinates.

Looks like it is time for some investigative work on my end.

I'll report back later tonight after I finish testing.

Rob

Offline aolney

« Reply #594 on: May 24, 2017, 01:03:07 PM »
Quick note -  feed codes appear to be working.
Reflashed over Benedikt's firmware, no change.

Andy

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #595 on: May 24, 2017, 01:51:27 PM »
The Chinese as well as most of Europe prefers millimeters. I doubt the Chinese who initially developed the firmware really cared about inch support.
Eventually, I may officially add inches to the new firmware.

Also, I just like to make it clear once again. The configurator has moved to http://config.pandora-cnc.eu/ and the downloads are now available from http://pandora-cnc.eu/download
There is now also an installation guide in two languages:
English: http://docs.pandora-cnc.eu/en/getting-started
German: http://docs.pandora-cnc.eu/de/getting-started

EDIT: In the documentation, the arrows are broken. You'll need to use the sidebar until this is resolved.
Also, the documentation is very short. If anyone would like to write a few pages (especially on general usage), that would be great.

BR,
Benedikt

Offline PPRINT

« Reply #596 on: May 24, 2017, 02:42:57 PM »
Benedikt, thanks once again for all of the great support on this project. I know I am really excited about the work you are doing.

Andy, "...feed codes are working"?  I'm not following.

Rob

Offline aolney

« Reply #597 on: May 24, 2017, 02:57:46 PM »
Rob -
I thought the feedrate shown in the display did not match the feedrate given in the gcode ie G01 X1 F40, but i ran it again and it seem to work.
Andy

Offline riorao

« Reply #598 on: May 29, 2017, 12:53:19 AM »
The Chinese as well as most of Europe prefers millimeters. I doubt the Chinese who initially developed the firmware really cared about inch support.

Also, I just like to make it clear once again. The configurator has moved to http://config.pandora-cnc.eu/ and the downloads are now available from http://pandora-cnc.eu/download

EDIT: In the documentation, the arrows are broken. You'll need to use the sidebar until this is resolved.
Also, the documentation is very short. If anyone would like to write a few pages (especially on general usage), that would be great.

BR,
Benedikt

I want to make the interface translation into Russian.
Found in the firmware two files in /upgrade/nand - CHS and ENG
You can add a third file RUS in the utf-8?

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #599 on: May 29, 2017, 06:55:45 AM »

BR,
Benedikt

I want to make the interface translation into Russian.
Found in the firmware two files in /upgrade/nand - CHS and ENG
You can add a third file RUS in the utf-8?
Unfortunately I do not speak any Russian. But since you do so, if you translate the English text that I can send you via email to Russian, I will make Russian a language option with the next firmware release and also add it to the configurator as a language option.
I will add a German file too. If someone would also translate the text into French or Italian or any other language, I will surely also include these languages. There is a bit of code to add and a lot of patching to do. But I guess I can make it work for you ;)