Author Topic: DDCSV1.1 4 Axis controller  (Read 439472 times)

Offline ugv

Offline philf

Re: DDCSV1.1 4 Axis controller
« Reply #376 on: February 18, 2017, 02:43:43 PM »
Hi UGV,

Welcome to MadModder.

Do you have a drawing of how the tools are retained for your ATC? I am interested in doing something similar for an ER32 spindle.

Phil.
Phil Fern

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #377 on: February 18, 2017, 02:47:28 PM »
Nice work, ugv!  :thumbup:

I have just traced out the wiring of the keypad matrix of the controller:

If you need a graphic of the controller front for any reason, I have made the following one:
http://data.bmuessig.eu/CNC/DDCSV11/Images/DDCSV11.jpg
You can use it for anything you want, I release the above image into the public domain, however, credit is always appreciated.

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
« Reply #378 on: February 18, 2017, 02:48:03 PM »
Hi UGV welcome. Would you like to post an introduction in the Introductions section:

http://madmodder.net/index.php/board,3.0.html

Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline ugv

« Reply #379 on: February 18, 2017, 03:00:20 PM »

Offline ugv

« Reply #380 on: February 18, 2017, 03:04:33 PM »
Hi UGV,

Welcome to MadModder.

Do you have a drawing of how the tools are retained for your ATC? I am interested in doing something similar for an ER32 spindle.

Phil.

Offline philf

« Reply #381 on: February 18, 2017, 04:27:06 PM »
Thanks UGV,

What diameter balls are you using and what is the force exerted by the spring?

Phil.
Phil Fern

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #382 on: February 18, 2017, 04:42:53 PM »
I have just discovered the root of all evil.

Doesn't that tab control look suspiciously similar...

Our nice controller is based off this reference design:
http://nuvoton.mcuzone.com/N32905.html
This can actually be bought from AliExpress. However, I am currently not able to spend ~80€ on one of these (30€ shipping to Germany).
They include the holy grail, the DVD with source code to a lot of things we don't have yet.  :bow:
Unfortunately not to the CNC functions, but to all OS functions, but I am starting to grasp how the CNC functions work.
Having this kit would also enable us to modify the boot screen. We could also use a more modern user interface such as Qt Embedded and we could finally upgrade the system.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/N32905-NUVOTON-ARM926-core-based-Soc-with-on-chip-32MB-DDR-MDK905-EK-T43-USB-LCDC/1808063633.html
Seems like the Chinese like to copy from each other. The above package is probably what they used initially for developing our beloved CNC controller.
The above MCUZone site shows well what the technical specifications of the processor are.

I'll keep you all updated.

Offline Merlin201314

• London
« Reply #383 on: February 18, 2017, 05:47:56 PM »

This can actually be bought from AliExpress. However, I am currently not able to spend ~80€ on one of these (30€ shipping to Germany).
They include the holy grail, the DVD with source code to a lot of things we don't have yet.  :bow:
Unfortunately not to the CNC functions, but to all OS functions, but I am starting to grasp how the CNC functions work.
Having this kit would also enable us to modify the boot screen. We could also use a more modern user interface such as Qt Embedded and we could finally upgrade the system.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/N32905-NUVOTON-ARM926-core-based-Soc-with-on-chip-32MB-DDR-MDK905-EK-T43-USB-LCDC/1808063633.html
Seems like the Chinese like to copy from each other. The above package is probably what they used initially for developing our beloved CNC controller.
The above MCUZone site shows well what the technical specifications of the processor are.

i will buy it immediately Benedikt if this can help!!!!

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #384 on: February 18, 2017, 05:55:20 PM »

i will buy it immediately Benedikt if this can help!!!!
Hi Merlin!
Fortunately, this contains so many things I have been missing and can't get to work just yet. Like drivers for the keypad, drivers for SPI, I2C and all the communication interfaces it uses to connect to the motor controller chip (huge FPGA, no documentation at all). This kit also contains all the NDA proteted code it seems and a proper datasheet. It also contains the kernel and tools to reprogram our board with a different splashscreen and kernel.
So yes, the most useful thing we could do.

Thank you so much!  :beer:
But I can't accept this offer. It's too much I think.

Offline johnsattuk

« Reply #385 on: February 19, 2017, 05:05:18 AM »
 [/quote] i will buy it immediately Benedikt if this can help!!!! [/quote]

I can be of no help technical :smart:  but very willing to share the cost to help advance the project   :thumbup:

Offline Merlin201314

• London
« Reply #386 on: February 19, 2017, 05:11:30 AM »
i will buy it immediately Benedikt if this can help!!!! [/quote]

I can be of no help technical :smart:  but very willing to share the cost to help advance the project   :thumbup:
[/quote]
Yeah, me too!!

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

Offline Merlin201314

• London
« Reply #387 on: February 19, 2017, 06:19:36 AM »
As we are all taking the benefit from Benedikt's Great work, i could suggest that all of us we can collect the requested sum and send to him, so we all can moving forward with the project...
My 2 cents, lets see what's the thought of the other members...
 :beer:

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #388 on: February 19, 2017, 06:24:43 AM »
As we are all taking the benefit from Benedikt's Great work, i could suggest that all of us we can collect the requested sum and send to him, so we all can moving forward with the project...
:mmr:

That is really generous from you, johnsattuk and Merlin  :beer:
How about dividing the price up. I would be paying 40€ and anyone who likes to donate can donate maybe 15€/$.
I am really thankful for helping me out. That will help a lot to advance this project! :)
The least I can do is give you credit on a Thank You screen, as soon as we have a decent user interface built.
However I would still like to add, I can't guarantee that I can make it work. I am investing good parts of my spare time to keep this project going but I can't promise that I can make it work ultimately. There is still a good bit of work left.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 07:12:47 AM by Benedikt M. »

Offline Merlin201314

• London
« Reply #389 on: February 19, 2017, 09:02:45 AM »
:mmr:

That is really generous from you, johnsattuk and Merlin 
How about dividing the price up. I would be paying 40€ and anyone who likes to donate can donate maybe 15€/$.
I am really thankful for helping me out. That will help a lot to advance this project! :)
The least I can do is give you credit on a Thank You screen, as soon as we have a decent user interface built.
However I would still like to add, I can't guarantee that I can make it work. I am investing good parts of my spare time to keep this project going but I can't promise that I can make it work ultimately. There is still a good bit of work left.
A project is a project,  can work or not,  no one know,  but it worth try,  otherwise we don't have any chance to do it,  so I am perfectly happy to give my contribution.....  In all case even just having our personalized splash screen will worth for me!

Sent by my tapatalk

Offline BrokenEye

« Reply #390 on: February 19, 2017, 09:45:46 AM »
Benedikt has a paypal account and I think maybe this would be a good way to pay for that Dev tool, comments ?
Backup, then Backup the Backup then Backup again

Offline Merlin201314

• London
« Reply #391 on: February 19, 2017, 09:51:46 AM »
Benedikt has a paypal account and I think maybe this would be a good way to pay for that Dev tool, comments ?
I agree.... 

Sent by my tapatalk

Offline johnsattuk

« Reply #392 on: February 19, 2017, 09:57:07 AM »

Can you give his PayPal account,  I will send him a donation

Offline BrokenEye

« Reply #393 on: February 19, 2017, 10:14:28 AM »
the Paypal acct is this one annette.muessig@gmail.com, I haven't sent anything yet, but I intend to

Offline Avis

« Reply #394 on: February 19, 2017, 10:22:17 AM »
Hello, in the DDcsv1, a very low beep sounds when the limit switch is activated, there would be some way to amplify that beep.
Greetings.

Offline johnsattuk

« Reply #395 on: February 19, 2017, 10:29:38 AM »
Can you give his PayPal account,  I will send him a donation, the Paypal acct is this one annette.muessig@gmail.com, I haven't sent anything yet, but I intend to' [/quote]

Thanks, have donated 40 euro.

Offline BrokenEye

« Reply #396 on: February 19, 2017, 11:00:23 AM »
 :zap:

I just sent him the same amount 40 Euro

Offline johnsattuk

« Reply #397 on: February 19, 2017, 11:05:10 AM »
 :thumbup:

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #398 on: February 19, 2017, 12:31:36 PM »
Hello!
I can't say it enough:
Thank you all so much!
This really helps a lot.  :thumbup: :mmr: :nrocks:

Offline BrokenEye

« Reply #399 on: February 19, 2017, 12:35:30 PM »
Hello, in the DDcsv1, a very low beep sounds when the limit switch is activated, there would be some way to amplify that beep.
Greetings.
mine still had the paper label stuck to the buzzer , you could check that first , and obviously peeling it off  :D