Author Topic: DDCSV1.1 4 Axis controller  (Read 439281 times)

Offline BrokenEye

Re: DDCSV1.1 4 Axis controller
« Reply #275 on: November 30, 2016, 02:19:54 PM »
On another subject RE the parameters, I copied the entire list printed in the "Datasheet" and I found out that you can indeed load the parameters from a file named uservar.set saved to a USB stick, it appears that you need a full complement for them to load, I tried just using 1 at first  ( #33=200  ) but it didn't load so I wrote the whole lot out, and it did work!! can't guarantee that the others work but I think they just might.

i enclose the first uservar.set file I tried with arbitrary numbers so you may want to change them  don't forget to change the extension to .set
Backup, then Backup the Backup then Backup again

Offline old Zozo

« Reply #276 on: November 30, 2016, 03:16:14 PM »

The controller board you are using is manifactured for a Mach3 use, as is using a parallel port, and is tuned for the latency and other problem that the parallel port connected to a PC have in real time running.
Your new controller is much much faster and have nothing to do with this board :palm:

:thumbup: :clap:  What a true. You help me a lot, thank you very much. I just order some digital driver, thanks for links and advise.

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #277 on: December 02, 2016, 05:00:22 AM »
On another subject RE the parameters, I copied the entire list printed in the "Datasheet" and I found out that you can indeed load the parameters from a file named uservar.set saved to a USB stick, it appears that you need a full complement for them to load, I tried just using 1 at first  ( #33=200  ) but it didn't load so I wrote the whole lot out, and it did work!! can't guarantee that the others work but I think they just might.

i enclose the first uservar.set file I tried with arbitrary numbers so you may want to change them  don't forget to change the extension to .set
Thanks a lot. This really helps me as i just don't have time to figure this out myself right now. I will work on the editor soon.

Offline Avis

« Reply #278 on: December 03, 2016, 01:11:44 PM »
Hello, I am new member of the forum, I also have the DDCSV panel, my question is if you can use a power supply like Link http://www.ebay.es/itm/351766147198?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT     to power the panel or it would be better a PC type.
Greetings.

Offline Merlin201314

• London
« Reply #279 on: December 03, 2016, 03:25:27 PM »
Hello, I am new member of the forum, I also have the DDCSV panel, my question is if you can use a power supply like Link http://www.ebay.es/itm/351766147198?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT     to power the panel or it would be better a PC type.
Greetings.
I am using this one to power up mine, is cheap, small and plenty of power to drive the controller
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172058668488
Cheers
PS. If you give us an idea of in which part of this globe you live, that would be great, thank you :beer:

Offline Avis

« Reply #280 on: December 03, 2016, 05:03:15 PM »
Thanks for your answer, I'm in Spain, it's nice to see the great work you're doing.
regards

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #281 on: December 04, 2016, 09:18:17 AM »
By the way, BrokenEye, does the order of the statements in the file matter?

Offline BrokenEye

« Reply #282 on: December 04, 2016, 01:58:46 PM »
It doesn't seem to, no

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #283 on: December 04, 2016, 06:25:31 PM »
It doesn't seem to, no
Great!

Would you mind trying the output of the online PHP settings editor I am working on?
http://bmuessig.eu/tools/pandora-configurator/?b64=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

As of now, I didn't have a whole lot of time to work on it, so only the output and input stages are working right now (the serializer and deserializer to the format that the Chinese used).

Offline Simon0362

« Reply #284 on: December 05, 2016, 07:00:36 AM »
A quick note to hopefully ensure nobody else has to go through the day long debug that I endured yesterday:

Ensure that comments within brackets do not contain additional sets of brackets....in my case my code generator adds the name of the original CAD file to the header in a set of comments - for various reasons I had ended up with a copy of the original file so the filename was in the form " CadFile (1).dxf" which was faithfully copied into the gcode.

The DDCSV didn't throw any errors but briefly flashed 'busy' and then 'ready' without having done anything. Presumably it saw the rest of the code as a mega-comment - or just to be ignored.....whatever it well confused me especially since my short test program worked perfectly....

So - no brackets within brackets is my rule.

BR
Simon

Offline Merlin201314

• London
« Reply #285 on: December 05, 2016, 07:07:28 AM »
Which G-code generator are you using?

Offline BrokenEye

« Reply #286 on: December 05, 2016, 07:44:35 AM »
Hi Benedikt, tried the file , and yes it does work .

Offline Simon0362

« Reply #287 on: December 05, 2016, 08:14:47 AM »

CamBam

Offline Merlin201314

• London
« Reply #288 on: December 05, 2016, 08:27:09 AM »

CamBam
I haven't try it, but maybe it worth give it a try for small 2.5D works

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #289 on: December 05, 2016, 07:21:18 PM »
So while I was at it I also built a parser for the language configuration.
Now all that is left to do is build a small HTML based UI.

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #290 on: December 09, 2016, 01:52:48 PM »
I have made some more progress with the web based configuration interface:
http://bmuessig.eu/tools/pandora-configurator/

Just text fields yet, also no fancy utilities or type checking just yet either.
However, this site is automatically generated from the eng file: http://bmuessig.eu/tools/pandora-configurator/lang_eng

I am planning to make it automatically prepare drop downs for some of the settings and numeric fields for the rest.

EDIT:
I guess it works now. Most stuff just works right now but now all the features need to be added (such as importing files - just the UI part, the PHP for parsing is done; converting between values or a bit better error checking and most importantly the design) :)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 06:25:20 PM by Benedikt M. »

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #291 on: December 10, 2016, 09:37:01 AM »
I have found a little more time this weekend to work on the CNC some more. Now you can provide a custom base file that you want to configure.
This can be your custom file that you created with the tool earlier. Remember, as of right now, you will have to host it somewhere on the internet to make it work.
However, this will change at some point and you will then be able to upload files regularily.

The syntax is as follows:
http://bmuessig.eu/tools/pandora-configurator/?base_config=http://pastebin.com/raw/z61cFJkj

Just put any URL that links to the raw file after the base_config=
And DON'T use pastebin. It does work but sometimes, when you are refreshing the page, it rate limit's you and prevents my server from getting the file.
If the file was successfully read, the headline above the table will say "Custom Base Configuration".

Cheers,
Benedikt

Offline Merlin201314

• London
« Reply #292 on: December 10, 2016, 09:52:08 AM »
Thank you Benedikt for your great work!!! :beer:

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #293 on: December 10, 2016, 10:05:13 AM »
Thank you Benedikt for your great work!!! :beer:
You're welcome  :beer:

So seems like adding uploading capabilities is easier than thought. It is now possible to upload files directly additionally to using the URL approach  :headbang:

The tool is also available via HTTPS: https://bmuessig.eu/tools/pandora-configurator/

EDIT:
Now for the duration of your browser session, the created file is preserved and can be edited again. You can also upload files and now download them with one click (no more copy and paste).
It is now also possible to pass the URL in this way (the old way does not work anymore):
  https://bmuessig.eu/tools/pandora-configurator/?config_source=url&config_url=http://pastebin.com/raw/z61cFJkj
Or pass base64 encoded data in this way:
  https://bmuessig.eu/tools/pandora-configurator/?config_source=base64&config_data=my_long_base64_string
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 10:54:44 AM by Benedikt M. »

Offline BrokenEye

« Reply #294 on: December 18, 2016, 06:28:46 AM »
Just a head's up, I found that placing "()" in a filename   protects it from being erased by the file manager "Mode" key, I.E the file delete, not had the balls to try it on the linuxrc file yet, but it works on other files, ps you can also put stuff in between the parenthesis, with no ill effects so far.

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #295 on: December 20, 2016, 04:09:04 PM »
Recently I have been working on a new display driver for the CNC that would allow my modded firmware to communicate with the user. It is making progress and I am soon going to try it on the controller. I'll keep you updated :)

Offline Merlin201314

• London
« Reply #296 on: December 20, 2016, 05:16:40 PM »
Recently I have been working on a new display driver for the CNC that would allow my modded firmware to communicate with the user. It is making progress and I am soon going to try it on the controller. I'll keep you updated :)
That's sounds like a Christmas gift!

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #297 on: December 20, 2016, 07:37:13 PM »
Hopefully, I will finish it in time  :scratch:
The current problem is, that the screen is mapped in a strange way. Every second pixel is simply skipped. I have absolutely no clue why.
My program works fine, but something with the framebuffer or it's configuration is wrong.

If somebody want's to try it out anyways, just extract the attached zip file onto a USB disk and power-cycle the CNC with the stick in.
To revert back to normal operation, just remove the USB and power-cycle.
Also note that you need to run the mod firmware (can be identified by the "Powered by MadModder" splash screen) to try this out.

But hey, after all, it is sort of working and actually compiling :beer:

Offline Merlin201314

• London
« Reply #298 on: December 21, 2016, 03:02:55 AM »
The current problem is, that the screen is mapped in a strange way. Every second pixel is simply skipped. I have absolutely no clue why.
My program works fine, but something with the framebuffer or it's configuration is wrong.

If somebody want's to try it out anyways, just extract the attached zip file onto a USB disk and power-cycle the CNC with the stick in.
Also note that you need to run the mod firmware (can be identified by the "Powered by MadModder" splash screen) to try this out.

I am abroad for a few days now, but as soon as I am back I will try it for sure, in the meantime, a happy Christmas to all the community, and thanks Benedikt for your huge effort!
Best regards.

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #299 on: December 22, 2016, 02:57:54 PM »

I am abroad for a few days now, but as soon as I am back I will try it for sure, in the meantime, a happy Christmas to all the community, and thanks Benedikt for your huge effort!
Best regards.
Thanks, and happy holidays to all of you  :mmr:
As my final gift this year, here's a video and the source code of the video driver:

https://github.com/bmuessig/pdfbtext