Author Topic: New core xy printer, ratrig or similar build experiences  (Read 4764 times)

Offline picclock

New core xy printer, ratrig or similar build experiences
« on: February 01, 2023, 08:33:06 AM »
hi all
I'm looking to upgrade my existing much modified ender 3. I really could do with a larger print volume and any speed increase would be a bonus, hence corexy.
I like the ratrig VCore 3 version because it will allow 400mm bed size, verses the voron 2.4 which is 350mm.
Does anyone have any first hand experience of these machines? Ive looked over the you tube stuff but they take a long time to view and give very little hard information.

Both the machines seem to use a raspberry pi and Octopus controller mainboard, running Klipper/Mainsail/Marlin ? software. Rpi's seem like unobtanium, certainly not worth the extortionate prices ATM, so an alternative would seem preferable. Either that or I can wait 3 months when supply's will allegedly become available according to Ebon Upton. 

Any comments on these machines and your build process/performance issues much appreciated.

best Regards

picclock

Engaged in the art of turning large pieces of useful material into ever smaller pieces of (s)crap. (Ferndown, Dorset)