The Shop > Composites & Plastics

Fan

<< < (2/4) > >>

John Rudd:
'K  had another go on the mill with one more of me blank disc....
Got all the blades cut nicely, just had to clear out 'bits' in between.....swapped to a smaller cutter (3mm) going nicely when'crack' another one broken....So more scrap perspex...,
I've realised what I'm doing wrong here I think.....

As I approach the edge of the disk, the cutter seems to be forcing the disc down...Now its only supported in the centre on the mandrel I made for it...so I think it needs a disc of the same diameter at least to offer support to the edges.... :scratch:

Is my theory flawed in some way or should I just go back to the nursing home?  :lol:
Anyway here's a foto of what I need to make.....

appletree:
Try putting vacuum cleaner fan in google, in the good old days they were aluminium. Not sure what you are after or how efficient it needs to be but a simple disc with blades rivetted on would make quite a draft. It never ceases to amaze me what industry can produce when needed often very simple (cheap and nasty  on the face of it) but reliable and cost effective.

efrench:
Make a cut, put in a backer piece.  Continue until all blades are cut.

or

Get a 3d printer  :wave:

John Rudd:

--- Quote from: efrench on June 18, 2016, 02:34:38 PM ---Make a cut, put in a backer piece.  Continue until all blades are cut.

--- End quote ---
Care to elabborate please? Pictures are good :lol:

efrench:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version