The Breakroom > The Bookshelf
Modern Toolmaking Methods
<< < (2/6) > >>
inthesticks:
Had to double check my bookshelves but yup I got Lindsay's hard cover gold embossed reprint.I agree great book.

Cheers
CB

Oops sorry Rob I ment silver embossing. Looked gold in the light Iwas looking at it in.  :doh:
rogprov:
Thought I also had the same books but but checked my shelves and only found these old ones...

inthesticks:
Very nice ROGPROV I have most of these titles though not in such great shape.

While we're comparing these two are my all time favorites Joshua Rose's 2 vol. Modern Machine-Shop Practice. Its the original 1887 edition main body is in original condition the covers were tattered so I spent the money to have them professionally recovered. They are 11 X 14 and weigh about 11 lbs each.
I have them on disk but to big to upload here. I believe they can be downloaded on the Internet Archive site.  :)

Cheers
CB

RobWilson:
Ok I will play  :)

ROGPROV  I will see your   not so old   Newnes and Caxton books

And I will  see your very finely bound Modern machine shop practices CB  :thumbup: with my two volumes bound as one .

And raise you both with Holtzapffels turning and machanical manipulation 

And , Machinery's Encyclopedia

All in fun lads :)

CB ,  Roses book is one of my favourite books in my collection , rather large and heavy but an excellent volume .   

Rob 
inthesticks:
Yes Rob thats a very nice original of Rose's work. If my covers had not been so tattered I would have left original too. All in fun yes but I took the pictures so I have to upload them its the rull.  :) :)
They speak for themselves. Love the ICS Shop And Foundry Practice can't bring myself to recover the originals.

Cheers
CB

Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version