The Breakroom > The Bookshelf

Modern Toolmaking Methods

<< < (5/6) > >>

RobWilson:

--- Quote from: gerritv on June 20, 2016, 08:04:45 AM ---Thanks a lot guys!http://madmodder.net/Smileys/default/happy0034.gif

I just bought a set of  Engineering Workshop Practice (3 Volume Set)   and  Advanced Machine Work, should be here in a week.

I will also be watching more closely the local auction house for books, usually I just get tools there (recently an 11 drawer Kennedy loaded with Dormer taper reamers and counter bores, mills and drills for CAD110)

Gerrit

--- End quote ---

Ooooh your doomed now Gerrit   doomed I tell ya  :Doh:   

"I have just bought "    thats how it started with me  :D

Rob  :thumbup:

gerritv:
It's too late! Plus I have the additional problem/risk of also being Dutch. While this makes me try to spend wisely, it also means a lot larger pool of books :-)

E.g. The first two are from my uncle who worked at KLM before and during WWII, the last 2 are my dad's carpentry textbook from 1930. Both amazingly useful, esp the carpentry one for joints and making window frames waterproof, a skill seemingly lost in the 21st century.

inthesticks:
Very nice GERRITV. St.Catherines is a good drive, Just the kind of thing I can add to my  (too few) used book tours.

Cheers
CB

gerritv:
The 3 volume Engineering Workshop Practice is very worthwhile. Some serious reading coming up.

inthesticks:
Very nice gerritv, excellent condition. Look like the same vintage as my set.

If you like more modern sets, but still pre-automation, you will love these 2 sets. Should be more available in good condition.

Cheers
CB

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version