Author Topic: Slingshots  (Read 25874 times)

Offline polecat

Re: Slingshots
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2016, 09:45:51 AM »
yes toolshed check out (polecat ) on your slingshot forun and you'ii see what i used to make px and brass laminates even sold them to usa
polecat

Offline A WELLWISHER

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2016, 04:03:42 AM »
Gentlemen, this is my first post, however I feel that I am qualified to comment on catapult matters, firstly ammunition, a lady neighbour told me she used ice cubes to discourage cats from using her garden as a toilet, hmm a bit inconvenient when required at short notice but disapear without trace, my own choice of biodegradeable ammo is the humble Aniseed ball ( an old fashioned English sweet ) don't know if these are available worldwide, nice size, hard, shatter on impact with hard surfaces, food quality so wont damage the environment & you can eat them! what more can you ask? One day my best friend in the whole world brought a Barnett Black Widow catapult because he didn't think it was accurate, after I smashed 3 aniseed balls one above the other on a clothes post 90 feet away he concluded that it wasn't the catapult that was at fault.
Where I worked at the time we had a sort of catapult club & during the dinner hour we would go through the car park to a river which ran past the factory, carefully selecting useful pebbles from the drainage channels alongside, we then walked along the river bank assaulting targets of opportunity using a mixture of pebbles,glass marbles, ball bearings & my own particular favourite to be to be used only against metal containers & rogue bull elephants, spent carbide throw away lathe tool tips! we would then surface at the other end of the factory, & clock in satisfied with our target practice. There is more to discuss but right now dinner calls.
A.Wellwisher

Offline Toolshed

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2017, 02:59:06 PM »
BRILLIANT WellWisher!  Thanks for the story.  I haven't been doing much of anything since the knee surgery (except crocheting) but I'm getting healthier and winter is almost over....

Polecat, I haven't run across a Polecat on the boards as of yet.

I need to start working on some new ideas for castings, decisions decisions....
No matter where you go....There you are....

Metalworker
Woodworker
Metal Caster

Google Map of members.  Send me your city/state/country and I will get you added in!
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1yzP6dM2C2yeti0msljLA5Ny_pwQ

Offline polecat

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2017, 02:52:39 PM »
try putting a search into the slingshot forum under polecat mind it was 2012 i tried and they all came flooding back to me the clear px one was a good one the chalice designed by dayhiker amongst some others
polecat