The Craftmans Shop > Backyard Ballistics

Slingshots

<< < (3/6) > >>

mexican jon:

--- Quote from: awemawson on May 04, 2016, 01:33:14 PM ---Welcome to the forum.

(Don't mind Rob - he means well  :lol: )

640 x 480 is a good size for pictures to allow everyone to enjoy them

--- End quote ---

What's wrong with the size of his pictures  :scratch: :scratch: They look fine to me on my 90" monitor  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Toolshed:
Yah.  I'm still getting used to the picture posting.  This was posted before I got the little resizing application.

Anyway, here are a few more (Hopefully in focus) 

I am NOT a photographer by any stretch and I couldn't set up a shot if I had a micrometer to do it with.

Rappelling carabiners that some slingers cut the top part off to make the forks.

A bent wire slingshot I made for another fellow.

One I cast in trade for a handmade dream catcher for my wife.

RobWilson:
 :clap: :clap: Nice one toolshed  :thumbup:

Those castings look great . 

Rob

DMIOM:

--- Quote from: Jonny on May 05, 2016, 11:40:27 AM ---As far as I can remember and used to make em as a kid early 70's, known as catapults.
Catapults been around since 3rd century, slingshots after 1844.

--- End quote ---

Actually slingshots date back to at least the Romans http://www.archaeology.co.uk/articles/features/burnswark.htm

Alan Haisley:

--- Quote from: DMIOM on June 02, 2016, 07:25:24 AM ---
--- Quote from: Jonny on May 05, 2016, 11:40:27 AM ---As far as I can remember and used to make em as a kid early 70's, known as catapults.
Catapults been around since 3rd century, slingshots after 1844.

--- End quote ---

Actually slingshots date back to at least the Romans http://www.archaeology.co.uk/articles/features/burnswark.htm

--- End quote ---

It's a question of naming conventions again. The Romans used what today is called a sling. The slingshot mentioned refers to the forked stick design with rubber bands. These couldn't have really come in until vulcanized rubber was commonly available - probably not until the first inner tubes wore out and were replaced.
Perhaps we should post pictures of slings, staff slings, slingshots, and various ancient weapons that used either torsion, flat spring, or gravity to propel objects - each captioned with its currently accepted name, but that seems like overkill.  :loco:

Alan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version