Author Topic: Following 'Bogstandard'!  (Read 15357 times)

Offline TFL45

• Model Steam Engine Construction - Novice
Re: Following 'Bogstandard'!
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2009, 11:50:15 PM »
Ralph,

Glad you didn't beat up on me too badly! :D

Haven't had much experience posting to forums - probably extending this thread past the point of being reasonable, but since I don't have a current project on deck.... 

Hadn't thought about trying to replicate the GI engines but if I'm going to try one from scratch, figure I have better chance with John's Paddleduck engine.

Have videos of most of my efforts on YouTube under TFL1945. However, if you want something a little different, try this link:
http://www.universaloscillation.com/youcube/?633

Spin the cube with your mouse and you'll find the dual oscillator in there somewhere!

Floyd
TFL45

There's no need to be precise if you don't know what you're talking about!

Offline Darren

• Madmodder Committee
  • N/Wales
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2009, 04:51:39 AM »

Haven't had much experience posting to forums - probably extending this thread past the point of being reasonable,

Carry on Floyd, that's what a forum is for, chatting  :thumbup:
You will find it a distinct help… if you know and look as if you know what you are doing. (IRS training manual)

Offline Divided he ad

• WARNING: LIKES SHINEY THINGS
  • The Collective
  • Between Chester, Wrexham, ruthin & Holywell :-)
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2009, 07:55:24 AM »
I wasn't having a go Floyd.... Just saying that eventually your posts of your early works might get lost in the introductions section.... In the galley they would be found on a more regular basis! .... The  :poke: was for a mod' to see  :thumbup:

No issues about work on the go.... It won't be long and you'll be somewhat like the rest of us.... Too many things on the go!!  :proj:

Now, that cube thing is annoying..... I'm going to have the dedicate time to making one myself now  :lol: .... Very entertaining  :ddb:
That engine runs really well....(In fact they all do!) And without a lathe/mill.... Very nice peice of work  :dremel:

Just a little note to end with....Yes, forums are for chatting.... That's why you find me here a lot!  I try very hard not to beat people up, I don't think I've ever had an issue in any of my posts?  most of my comments are meant to aid and or be fun,  all be it in my own style that is a bit, well.... Odd!   ::)

Still as said.... You do look as though your enjoying the place  :thumbup:   :nrocks:

Ralph.

I know what I know and need to know more!!!