The Shop > Software Tools

Phone Apps in the workshop

<< < (2/4) > >>

shipto:
camera for pictures, everycircuit for working out electronics and flashscore for checking rugby results  :lol:
ooh forgot tapatalk and browser.

gerritv:
Nuts & Bolts Pro for bolt/shcs, etc sizes, taps, clearance holes

sparky961:
ESFileExplorer - To make my phone into a pocket computer (file transfer over WIFI, management, etc)

RealCalc - 'Cause I can't stand the useless Android calculator

CNCTools - Used primarily to calculate RPM from SFM & diameter (probably easier just to memorize the formula, eh?)  It does more than that too.

TapDrillTool (Free) - Tells you the nearest drill for an astounding number of thread pitch and diameter combinations, plus giving you 50 to 80 percent thread options.  The UI isn't the greatest in my opinion but the usefulness makes up for it.

Kijiji - Where do you think I find those old neglected machines I sometimes fix up?  There's nothing better when you're sitting waiting for a fly cutter to finish up a few inches of almost mirror finish.

RussellT:
Slightly off topic but does anyone else have that stupid Android calculator which has sin cos and tan but not arc sin cos or tan.

Army knife has quite a few of the functions that people have mentioned - calculator, units converter, spirit level.

Russell

CrazyModder:
Yuri's DRO as well. My solution is up and running on the mill (at least x+y, not z yet), and it works well. Sadly, the only bad thing about it that the readouts I am using (which are made for being mounted to a machine, not some chopped-off $5 DROs) is that the dirty motor of the mill obviously EMV-shocks them so badly while switching on that they forget their current position, which means I have to be careful about always noting the "real" position of the axes whenever turning the machine off, in case it forgets while turning on.
 :doh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version