Author Topic: andyf hie perris?  (Read 2791 times)

Offline PJW

andyf hie perris?
« on: January 18, 2016, 03:46:17 PM »
Hi does anyone know if andyf is still with us, I think I have bought his Perris lathe at auction, it was not a good buy! it has a bent spindle & no chuck. the spindle has the 1/2 x 20 tpi UNF thread on. if anyone can give me any help on this lathe I would be very greatfull.
Old Guys Rule the Dark Side of the Shed!

Offline philf

Re: andyf hie perris?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 03:57:19 PM »
Sadly Andy passed away in 2013.

Phil.
Phil Fern

Offline PJW

Re: andyf his perris?
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 05:15:09 PM »
I thought so, i saw a pic of the perris & it lead me here, i was trying to find some bits for the lathe, it sounds like he was a nice chap!

Peter
Old Guys Rule the Dark Side of the Shed!

Offline raynerd

• Madmodder Committee
    • Raynerds Projects - Raynerd.co.uk
Re: andyf hie perris?
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 03:59:56 AM »
Hi was incredibly nice chap and I do wonder if the machine was broken in transport after he passed As when he showed it me, some 5 years ago, it was fully setup and looked to be prepped for action. I could be wrong.

I have the same Perris lathe although mine was a touch later when the stock got rebranded to Cowells.

I took a hit and swapped the spindle directly for the metric thread - Cowels will sell you this. Like everything, it's expensive but was worth the money. In your case, it'll definitely be worth the cash and by swapping for a metric thread (I forget what the newer threads are) but it opens up your selection of chucks from everything high end from Cowells or down to a cheap ER16 chuck (which is perfect!!) from China.

Little bit more info on my Perris/cowells : http://www.raynerd.co.uk/cowells-me-lathe/

Hope that helps.