The Shop > Tools

Show us your T&C grinder set ups

<< < (5/6) > >>

Fergus OMore:
I'm in the middle of restoring a Quorn T&C which came off badly when I lost my shed roof twice in the winter storms.

However, it seems fair to mention that since 1973 when the Quorn details were published in Model Engineer that there has been a vast amount of published information - much of it in Model Engineers Workshop, to improve not only the Quorn but also the Clarkson and its smaller copy, the Stent.

Apart from copyright restrictions, half the fun can be actually finding out which issues are relevant.

And then, of course, is the mysterious Tinker T&C of which I have the basic drawings but not the set which probably cover the more complicated possibilities.  My requests in the past have been greeted with a very loud silence

N

gerritv:
Guy's phone number is (604) 922-4909 according to Canada411.ca, a call might get results?
Also MEW 76 has a series of articles on a Raymac T&C which bears some resemblance to the mini Tinker.

Fergus OMore:
Thanks but unfortunately I'm a Limey B****** which complicates things about payments and so on.

I actually bought the original castings etc from Norman Tinker in Nottingham, England-- a million years ago.

I was curious about how Tinker reground things like taps which are not on my copies.

As mentioned, I'm doing up the old rusty Quorn and have just designed and made a jig to weld the  polyethylene drive belts.

Where I got to( mentally) was to change the single speeds on my various grinders to three step ones.  Again, there is a series of articles by the late Philip Amos on his Quorn variant.

I'm still quite busy at over 88 years!

Cheers

N

chipenter:
I mounted my Tinker on an old cross slide and compound and has improved it no end , I did post pictures when I modified it on hear .

Fergus OMore:
Thanks Jeff.  I'm merely curious to know what a Tinker is really capable of.
I'm into this maths formula thing for determining variations on Pi etc which seems to be the basis of the Tinker-or was.

One wonders how these 'newer' slot drills are re-sharpened.

Cheers

N

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version