The Shop > Electronics & IC Programing

Digital oscilloscope project/kit

<< < (70/70)

nrml:
I've just finished putting together my DSO138.

The SMT components were very easy to solder despite having absolutely zero previous experience with these. I used 0.25mm Pb/Sn solder, a pair of curved pointy tweezers and the largest chisel tip for the soldering iron that would fit on the little pads. No problems at all. In fact they were the easiest and tidiest part of the build. Some of the through hole components were a bit fiddly (the sliding switches especially) and the end product wasn't as tidy as the SMT bits but it all worked first time, so I can't really complain.

The acrylic case looks nice but there were a couple of problems. Firstly, the tabs for the sliding switches snapped the first time I toggled them and I had to remove them all. Secondly, one of the sides had slightly oversized tabs which snapped the plastic around the holes where it fits into.

Overall, it was a nice little project. Well worth the money. Now I  need to learn how to use an oscilloscope.

RobWilson:
 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: looking very tidy nrml , Nice job  :thumbup:

Rob

RobWilson:
Roy any joy with your Air band reviver ? 

Rob

wheeltapper:
no, not yet.
I've checked everything I can think of, the circuit diagram that comes with it is no help, there are no voltages to check.

I know it's a spelling error when you called it a reviver but that's what it needs, reviving  :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've chucked it in the "to look at " box for now, it may end up in the "dump it " box.  :bang:

cheers

a disillusioned Roy.

modeng200023:
I started a new posting about obtaining spares from jytech in Electronics and IC Programming.

John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version