Gallery, Projects and General > Gallery

3D Printed Solar Shield

<< < (8/9) > >>

awemawson:
By co-incidence Joules, I used the example of your Solar Shield only this week end when a friend was asking about PLA longevity  :med:

Joules:
Andrew, here's a PLA example for you.   Perhaps you remember the dampers I showed, printed in 2014 using a Rostock Max to fix the lead screw resonance in an old CNC router.   These samples have been sat in oil since then, your post reminded me about them so pulled them out, photographed and put back in the oil.  They were ugly prints then and still ugly prints now, but no sign of degradation.

Pete49:
looks like it may be a forever product up there for you. Since your seasons haven't damaged it (solar shield) your on a winner :D

Joules:
After 8yrs of service, the solar shield fell victim to the storms tonight.  PLA is good for +8yrs, weather permitting.

SwarfnStuff:
Ah, So it wasn't next door's football in the end. Hail can be a real kill joy at times. Depending on the size of the hail, even tiled roofs can get holed. Sydney Australia some years back I recall suffered wide spread roof damage.

At least you can reprint it easily enough.
John B

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version