The Shop > Tools

Any ID on this lathe? - a project needing TLC or scrap?

<< < (2/4) > >>

raynerd:
lol,
--- Quote ---Looks like he used it to make a ball turner!
--- End quote ---
- I guess that was bait?  :poke:

Looks like there is a little bit of tooling with it which might clean up - OK? I agree that the lathe bed looks small in comparison to the cross slide and the tool post holder also looks big in the grand scheme of things. Perhaps someone has cobbled this together out of parts. This could be converted to that milling machine I can`t afford  :scratch: or maybe not.....

I hope is it a Boley Darren, however the base looks different and there seems to be no manufacturor markings. Although it looks beaten up, it is apparently running.
Chris

bogstandard:
That is definitely a lathe made by Bitsacrapoli, of 1, Bodgestreet Road, Manchester.

It looks like the main bit of the bed, from just under the chuck to the back end of the tailstock was the original casting. Whether it was a lathe or something totally different can only be guessed at. It could be a bit off a weaving loom or something similar, that someone decided to do a Madmodder project with.

:mmr:

If it can be used, use it. If not cannibalise and use the bits elsewhere.

Bogs

John Hill:

--- Quote from: craynerd on April 25, 2009, 09:01:46 PM ---lol,
--- Quote ---Looks like he used it to make a ball turner!
--- End quote ---
- I guess that was bait?  :poke:

--- End quote ---

Errrr.... note generous brass orbs on tool holder and cross slide handles!

John Hill:
I think it just might be a Boley but the bed, headstock, tail stock and carriage have been replaced at some time and the drive assembly is from something else too.

bogstandard:
Ah John,

But I have noticed a screw very similar to one used on a Boley.

Bogs

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version