The Shop > Finishing

Anodizing Bench - starting my own...

<< < (3/4) > >>

aeroHAWK:

--- Quote from: DMIOM on June 04, 2015, 04:05:51 PM ---The problem is that if the dye is too hot, you can get premature sealing of the oxide matrix
--- End quote ---
Thanks Dave, this is something I knew about, but it is good to be reminded. There are so many little things that can sneak up....

--- Quote from: DMIOM on June 04, 2015, 04:05:51 PM ---If you're going to stick with just bubbling then you may want to (a) have some holes at varying angles, and (b) consider having some transverse rows across the floor of the tank.  I have pumped circulation through a chiller, but also bubble pipes every 2 inches.
--- End quote ---
Your comments seem to put more attention on something I have been being casual about. So thank you, I'll make some changes. One thing I found was that the manifold would fill with solution when not in use, and it would take a lot of air to clear it out and produce bubbles from all the holes. I have been planning on remaking the pipes with much smaller holes to get higher air pressure. I'm thinking this will help evacuate the manifold better. I'll put holes in different places when I do it.

Will_D:

--- Quote from: aeroHAWK on June 04, 2015, 11:50:45 AM ---I'm still working on the temperature controller....

--- End quote ---
Just search e-pray for STC-1000!

Can be got for about a tenner from China, 20 from the UK.

Basically its contoller with 2 x 10 amp realys that can switch heaters or coolers. We use them all the time in th ehomebrewing world

Arbalist:
That's probably it aerohawk, although the stuff I've seen looked a lot better than that demo.  :D

aeroHAWK:

--- Quote from: Will_D on June 04, 2015, 04:54:16 PM ---Just search e-pray for STC-1000!
--- End quote ---
WOW! Will, Thanks! :D That's great.

--- Quote from: Arbalist on June 04, 2015, 04:57:51 PM ---That's probably it aerohawk, although the stuff I've seen looked a lot better than that demo.  :D
--- End quote ---
I 'll bet... the video shows a good method. The execution of that method is something else....

aeroHAWK:
Dave,

Well, you've got me thinking. I doesn't look difficult or expensive to use a submersible pump for circulation. It seems it may be more effective than bubbles. Since my tanks are small, I assume it doesn't take much of a pump. I'm looking at this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultra-quiet-Submersible-DC12V-Micro-Brushless-Motor-Oil-Water-Acid-Pump-0-60-US-/201232368198?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eda624246

Also, do you have any suggestions for tricks to get good circulation? I am also looking at using it in my detergent tank, since bubbles stir up a lot of suds.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version