Author Topic: Clarkson Tool Cutter Grinder Restoratioon  (Read 22815 times)

Offline Pete W.

Re: Clarkson Tool Cutter Grinder Restoratioon
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2015, 08:41:19 AM »
My gosh, Rob,

How on earth shall you fix that tee-slot?!?!   :scratch:   :scratch:   :scratch: 
Best regards,

Pete W.

If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, you haven't seen the latest design change-note!

RobWilson

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2015, 09:07:23 AM »
My gosh, Rob,

How on earth shall you fix that tee-slot?!?!   :scratch:   :scratch:   :scratch:

I will just knock the ruff edges off with a hammer and chisel  Pete  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rob  :palm:

Offline Fergus OMore

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2015, 02:51:55 AM »
... My experience with a Mark 1 suggests that the design  minimises the grit problem- in normal use.

Regards

Norman

Kindly explain.

Apologies for the delay but the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing at the local computer firmament.

As far as I know, the Clarkson never had dust excluders. Certainly, this understanding is taken from the original Clarkson handbook and access to a wealth of later articles as well as access to a sizeable number of home owned and tool room machines.

If one moves the goal posts to using one to lesser duties as a buffer- I don't know. Buffing machines seem to be cheaper than paper dust excluders.  Back to left and right hands and the bit in between :doh:

As far as original concepts about grit etc, I built the baby Clarkson( the Stent) and it didn't have dust excluders and subsequent writers on that machine have made no reference either.

Hope this helps

Norman

Offline Zadig

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2015, 04:24:11 AM »
The MK2 has plenty of revisions for dust control. I suspect that those that say they have no dust problem, rarely use them.

Offline ArnieB

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2015, 05:19:17 AM »
Norman     
              You may be interested in  http://www.bedroom-workshop.com/  there is a wealth of
information on Clarksons.  I am sure that if you utilise your tool cutter on a daily basis as intended you would feel the need for bellows, as included by the manufacture in their first revision of the tool.
For myself I doubt my use will justify the expense, but I would like to include them to save on vacuuming time.  As you may have read I am making a stone guard for my grinding work and my use has ranged from lathe and mill tool grinding, drill sharpening, and even a bit of surface grinding, it is not a buffing machine, but a very versitile tool.

Arnie.

Offline Fergus OMore

« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2015, 06:33:44 AM »
Arnie- my thanks but I expect that mine will simply be dumped now.

Cheers

Norman

Offline ArnieB

« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2015, 02:17:48 PM »
To follow up on the debate on bellows Steve Vine From Bedroom-Workshop has just sent me this link

http://www.modelengineeringwebsite.com/Machine_bellows.html

Anyone for a touch of origami, I might give it a go.

Arnie

or get them already made.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.TRS0&_nkw=+Dust+Protector+Cover+for+CNC+Machine 

Offline rotorhead

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2015, 06:48:18 PM »
Hi Lads,

That's a job very well done, and the workmanship appreciated, as I know what it's like to try and sort one of these out..

I've had a little play with mine of late, thought it time to make a guard, especially as the size of wheel I intend to use is getting bigger..

I hope you don't mind me posting a few pics, as it might give a few ideas....

Chris
Sunny Scunny,
North Lincolnshire.

Offline Meldonmech

« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2015, 03:50:27 AM »

Arnie, thanks for showing the construction details for the machine bellows. I have made several bellows with varying success, but this one is excellent, and I must give it a try.

Cheers David