The Craftmans Shop > Backyard Ballistics

The legaility of building muzzle loading firearms in the UK

<< < (2/3) > >>

S. Heslop:
Thanks for the advise. I've sent Pete an email and hopefully i'll get a reply.

Thanks for the offer of the plans too, but for now I think i'll wait and see if the requirements for doing this makes it at all viable.

S. Heslop:
Got a reply from Pete. Hope he won't mind me posting it here.

--- Quote ---Hi Simon,
Thanks for the message.
Your first point of call would be your local firearms licensing department & arrange a meeting with the Firearms Enquiry Officer who deals with your area.
Be completely open & honest with him about what you wish to do & he should be able to advise & assist with all the legal requirements.
Kind regards.
Pete

--- End quote ---

I guess i'll have to contact the Northumbria firearms licensing team. Looks like some heavy stuff though.

In all honesty, i'm not sure how far i'll go with this idea. I feel like i'm getting in over my head with it. But I suppose the firearms licensing department will be able to tell me exactly what's required.

johnbaz:

--- Quote from: steampunkpete on February 23, 2015, 05:34:07 AM ---
Other than that, you need a certificate for a shotgun.
A licence for a firearm.

--- End quote ---

Dragging up an old thread but it's the other way round, The Cert is for firearms (FAC) and licence is required for a Shotgun  :thumbup:

John  :beer:

Nicolas Hulme:

--- Quote from: johnbaz on December 26, 2015, 06:50:37 PM ---
Dragging up an old thread but it's the other way round, The Cert is for firearms (FAC) and licence is required for a Shotgun  :thumbup:

John  :beer:

--- End quote ---

Dragging up an old thread but I can confirm that it actually is "Firearms Certificate" and it's "Shotgun Certificate" and it's printed at the top of the document,
Regards,
Nick

Spurry:
Looks like the nomenclature changed a few days ago. This from the gov.uk website.

"Details
You can use these forms to:
•apply for a firearm or shotgun licence
•renew a firearm or shotgun licence
•vary a firearm certificate

Application guidance notes can be found at the end of form 201.

The firearm and shotgun application and variation forms above were revised on 31 December 2017 to facilitate electronic applications as part of the Firearms (Amendment) Rules 2017."

Pete.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version