Gallery, Projects and General > Project Logs

Coke Forge Build

<< < (2/53) > >>

RobWilson:

--- Quote from: Arbalist on February 15, 2015, 07:01:59 AM ---Half inch plate plate is fairly common on builds over on IForgeIron, some folks prefer 5/8" though!  :D

--- End quote ---

Did you make yours in 5/8" plate ?   any photos    :poke:

Rob

RobWilson:
Next up , the fire pot needs to be fit to the hearth  :dremel:

I designed the fixings so that the fire pot could float , to allow for expansion/contraction .

Rob

Manxmodder:
Tremendous stuff Rob,glad to see you back posting projects up here. :thumbup:......OZ.

RobWilson:
Hi there OZ  and thanks  :beer:

Next up the blower , I was going to use this motor as I had it on the shelf .(and me being a cheep skate )  :)

But down to overwhelming pressure form other interweb users who will remain nameless ( he keeps sheep in East Sussex )  :) ,this being the wrong motor for the job , he being correct of course  :bang:

I splashed out and bought a new motor .  :med:

Blower case is made from a sheet of 1.5mm semi stainless (sounds like bollocks to me ) but that what i was told it was , any way I got a load from a car exhaust factory .

Machined up a few inserts

The strip was then rolled in my CNC rollers

Next up I poked a hole in each side .

The way I have designed the fan casing I can have the output in any orientation I desire .

Rob

CrazyModder:
Very awesome job, my mate.  :drool:

This is one reason I hate living in a, while large enough, yet still rented house. I can't just go ahead and convert a corner of the garage into a "dirty" place.   :bang:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version