The Craftmans Shop > PowerSports

camshaft fabrication

<< < (2/4) > >>

fcylinderrules:
Hi all, sorry it was late when I wrote...

as for the engine it a 4 cylinder,OHC, in line, 1000cc air cooled ....
 Piper cams were the one's who wanted £1,500 plus the tax and post and I'm sure Kent cams won't do it as a one-off....
if the price was right I'd buy 2 units.....
perhaps should have said it has slipper type cam followers......

thanks clogs........

awemawson:
If the camshaft is end to end symmetrical, can you not literally swap it end for end and re-machine just the gear location and bearing location from a stock camshaft putting the drive gear on what was the far end bearing journal?

steampunkpete:
As it isn't likely to be a unique engine (sounds motorcycle to me) is there no chance of finding one in a scrap yard somewhere? Even if you find a worn one, that would be an easier fix than starting from scratch; the worn lobes can be built up with steallite, reground and hardened. There are, or used to be, quite a few companies who would do that sort of work as a regular thing. I rebuild a BSA engine that way.

Manxmodder:

--- Quote from: fcylinderrules on February 14, 2015, 07:28:52 AM ---Hi all, sorry it was late when I wrote...

as for the engine it a 4 cylinder,OHC, in line, 1000cc air cooled ....
 Piper cams were the one's who wanted £1,500 plus the tax and post and I'm sure Kent cams won't do it as a one-off....
if the price was right I'd buy 2 units.....
perhaps should have said it has slipper type cam followers......

thanks clogs........

--- End quote ---

Just a crazy suggestion,but is there any way you could alter the cam drive train by possibly adding an extra gear to make the standard camshaft rotate in the opposite  direction it does now......OZ.

John Rudd:
Oz...that might be a possibility if the cam timing is symmetrical?
Cams may be ground for quick opening ( exhaust?) or late closing.  ( inlet?).  Just summat to  consider?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version