Author Topic: Lathe Jaguar VXS inverter - remote pendant  (Read 17912 times)

Offline John Rudd

Re: Lathe Jaguar VXS inverter - remote pendant
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2015, 04:38:49 PM »
My thoughts on nvr....
A true no volt release switch assembly should be wired in the primary side .....As it says, if power is lost, it releases....no auto restarts, no surprises...

My experience with inverters/vfd's.....most I've come across, Imo, Teco,(jaguar is just a model...) Invertek etc....all require a maintained input not fleeting for external switching.....stop/start and fwd/rev switches should be mutually exclusive....that is one state or the other.....

eccentric millionaire financed by 'er indoors

Offline appletree

« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2015, 06:32:36 PM »
My thoughts on nvr....
A true no volt release switch assembly should be wired in the primary side .....As it says, if power is lost, it releases....no auto restarts, no surprises...

My experience with inverters/vfd's.....most I've come across, Imo, Teco,(jaguar is just a model...) Invertek etc....all require a maintained input not fleeting for external switching.....stop/start and fwd/rev switches should be mutually exclusive....that is one state or the other.....
I have a soft spot for Mitsubishi freqrol inverters (I bought my first for £2) I am quite adept at programming these and they can be programmed for fleeting input signals thus effectively providing no volt release on supply failure. Crazy I know but i have 9 inverters from various manufacturers though some are only 200w. I have 2 off Jaguar VXS inverters which I want to fit to my wood turning lathes Maintained switching is not an issue but I like to do things “properly” if feasible. Regards

Thanks for your input Hopefuldave. Collectively I can see the way forward, The future is Mitsubishi appletree

Offline raynerd

• Madmodder Committee
    • Raynerds Projects - Raynerd.co.uk
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2015, 07:57:47 PM »
 :doh:

Gutted, awful feeling of two wasted hours before bed - my first efforts produce an OH2 external trip alarm input!!

I've attached the circuit I am using, only mine is 24v internal and therefore a 24v relay. I've also attached the error flow diagram. I'm not clear about the THR issue... There Is a wire collecting THR to 24v. When it was manual it was hard wired 24v to THR to FWD - is that right, it suggestions so in the flow diagram.

The inverter boots up ok, as soon as I hit RUN on the new controller I hear the relay switch but then the inverter immediately errors with the trip OH2.

Offline raynerd

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2015, 07:41:09 AM »
Nooooooo.... Found another jaguar specific circuit online and spent an hour making it... Same OH2 error!! Time to go and sulk for the afternoon. Anyone any suggestions at all before I try again this afternoon?

Offline David Jupp

• Teesside - UK
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2015, 08:36:56 AM »
OH2 error indicates open circuit between P24 and THR - see control circuit section of the manual that I previously linked to.

Offline John Rudd

« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2015, 08:53:09 AM »
I concur with David,
The THR input is normally closed, and is a Stop function.

Chris, connect the Fwd and Rev wires from the sketch to those inouts on your inverter.....then connect what was the 12v wire to the P24 terminal, CM is common and should have the black wire connected to it...forming the 0v connection....it should all work then  :zap:

Offline raynerd

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2015, 07:32:44 PM »
 :ddb: it is working!!! Pictures to follow over the next days but speed, start, stop, forward and reverse are all good!! Whoop

Offline appletree

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2015, 10:27:40 AM »
Good to see you got there in the end, these things can be so frustrating especially when you can’t see the wood for the trees.

As a slight aside I was sorting through some paperwork and came across some info from Transwave.

Here’s a Link to their site loads of useful downloads for IMO Jaguar and others, the Link is for the top of the site just drill down as required.

www.powercapacitors.co.uk

Usual disclaimer no connection to company.

Offline AdeV

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2015, 10:28:58 AM »
Great to see you got it working Chris!

:worthless:
Cheers!
Ade.
--
Occasionally: Zhengzhou, China. An even longer way from anywhere...

Offline John Rudd

« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2015, 11:00:49 AM »
A very happy bunny now then? :zap:

Good to hear you got sorted.. :thumbup: