Author Topic: Clarkson MK2 T&C Grinder  (Read 3374 times)

Offline micktoon

Clarkson MK2 T&C Grinder
« on: January 09, 2015, 07:10:34 PM »
  Hi All, I got this new addition to the workshop tools the other week off E bay. Mark 2 Clarkson with a few bits and bobs, I was pleased as the photos were not too good on Ebay and also it just said some attachments other than the universal head which was shown in the photo. 

This is the machine, not bad overall condition and the motor was star or delta so I rigged up an old inverter I had and it goes fine too. When I opened the cabinet there was the cardboard box with the bits inside.

This is what the box contained, not bad as all were not listed in the ad , so just goes to show there are some decent folk still out there as they packed this lot up nicely and included it in the sale. I got it for £200 + it was £57 for a courier to pick it up from the other end of the country, which I thought was a good deal.

The universal head looks to be modified ? , it has bearing races fitted with metal dust covers, has anyone seen this before ? I presume its just so the sleeve will rotate more freely.

The light even works ! I will be giving it a strip down and paint at some point but at least its ot too bad to start with overall. I will just have to look out for other fittments or make them as needed.

Cheers Mick.

Offline Manxmodder

Re: Clarkson MK2 T&C Grinder
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 11:26:09 PM »
Hi Mick that's a good find for that price. The universal head looks like it has been fabricated from pieces of steel plate,angle and tubing and welded together.

There were a couple of these in the toolroom in my apprenticeship days and If memory serves me correctly I think that the original was an iron casting.

Maybe the original got cracked or busted......OZ.
Helixes aren't always downward spirals,sometimes they're screwed up

Offline Pete.

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 01:15:26 AM »
Yes, bigger than the original too by the looks of it but just as functional.

Offline rotorhead

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2015, 05:15:05 AM »
Hi Mick,

You cheesy bugger, that looks beautiful, I'm really jealous.

You could get the correct bits if you require them from Machine Spares, but they'll cost you more than the machine.

Good luck with it, I haven't used my Mk1 for ages sadly...
Chris
Sunny Scunny,
North Lincolnshire.

Offline Meldonmech

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2015, 01:31:12 PM »

Hi Mick, you got a good buy there. The machine looks very presentable and a Mk 2 , you'll enjoy making all the bits and pieces you will require.

Good luck
                                                                  Cheers David