The Shop > Our Shop

Working on a new tiny shop

<< < (38/38)

vtsteam:
It's been a little over two years since I posted anything in this thread, but today I finally tackled something that has been bugging me all that time -- no handles on the drawers. One of those small jobs I just never seemed to get around to. Today, anticipating working on my lathe project, and wanting to organize the mess that the shop had become after working on the cistern for two summers, I decided that the first order of the day was going to be making and installing the 15 drawer handles I needed.

I used the old Gingery handle design of a wedge shaped wooden bar. Some scrap cherry, run through the table saw with the blade set to about 7-1/2 degrees -- ripping first, then chopping the ends at the same taper yielded a small box full of handle stock. Then I drilled and countersunk the wide face for screws.

Handles, done.

awemawson:
Good to see you back in making mode Steve. I hope things in the workshop haven't deteriorated too much during your absence

vtsteam:
Thanks Andrew!

Nothing too bad in the shop. The new lathe doesn't look as shiny as it did, but we'll spiff it up as we go along.  :beer:

vtsteam:
Photos restored after Photobucket broke the links.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version