Gallery, Projects and General > Project Logs

Rotary Table turns counter

(1/3) > >>

mickn:
Hi All,
Last week I officially joined the Senior Citizens Club.So this would explain the difficulty I now seem to have remembering how many turns I have made whilst using my rotary table dividing plate.I wondered how I could mechanically count these. I remembered years ago the little counter thingey on the bicycle front wheel (think it told you the distance covered) So with that in mind I had a look on Ebay and hey presto I found one for £3. I made a small aluminium plate that slides in the milling table t/slot.I pop riveted the small counter to this  and put a small pin to strike the counter on the end of the indexer plate.Simple but effective and helps a poor old devil like myself who is gradually loosing his marbles!

Mick

Darren:
Very nicely shown Mick, ingenious little device you have working there.... :thumbup:

bogstandard:
Nice one Mick, anything that helps us old foggies out has to be good.

It would save me having to take my shoes and socks off to count above ten.

Without the humour though, it is so easy to forget the count, I do it a lot when dividing, and have to wind back from whence I came, to get to start all over again, and your solution has got it covered.

Bogs

John Hill:

--- Quote from: bogstandard on April 08, 2009, 07:48:11 PM ---Nice one Mick, anything that helps us old foggies out has to be good.

It would save me having to take my shoes and socks off to count above ten.

Bogs

--- End quote ---

You could always keep a pair of old gloves handy for the big numbers. :med:

Sorry I cant view the video (broadbrand is rather narrow here!) but it sounds like a great idea Mick. :thumbup:

You can buy lots of types of turns counters that are intended for electronic equipment, there is one on this page but you need to scroll down a little to see it.
http://www.minute-man.com/acatalog/Vernier_Dial_for_Potentiometers.html

A few of them are relaxing in one of my bits drawers.

sbwhart:
Well done that man  :clap: good idea you've had there very useful  :thumbup:

Have you fitted a power feed to the mill ? thats something I want to do to mine

Cheers

Stew

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version