Author Topic: Graphics Tablet Stand. Bit of a weird project.  (Read 6575 times)

Offline S. Heslop

• Newcastle Upon Tyne
Graphics Tablet Stand. Bit of a weird project.
« on: May 11, 2014, 04:03:59 PM »

Wasn't sure if I should post this since it's not really mechanical or particularly exciting.

I've been doing alot of computer stuff lately though and there's not much opportunity to make interesting videos about that. Plus there's already plenty of terrible tutorials about made by people with no idea what they're doing (which are the bane of my life right now!).

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Re: Graphics Tablet Stand. Bit of a weird project.
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 05:38:25 PM »
Wasn't sure if I should post this since it's not really mechanical or particularly exciting.

I've been doing alot of computer stuff lately though and there's not much opportunity to make interesting videos about that. Plus there's already plenty of terrible tutorials about made by people with no idea what they're doing (which are the bane of my life right now!).

Job well done. With the popularity of tablets increasing IMHO it is a timely post. Sometimes it's the post that isn't exciting that starts the ball rolling. I'm sure that a few Modder's will be addding this to their 2do list.

I also want to congratulate you on the way that you have edited the video, very nice.  :D :D

Cheers  :beer:

Don

Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline DaveH

• Kempton Park, South Africa
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 08:35:20 PM »
Nicely made and shown  :bow:
I'm glad you didn't get impaled by those scissors.
 :beer:
DaveH
(Ex Leicester, Thurmaston, Ashby De La Zouch.)

Offline S. Heslop

• Newcastle Upon Tyne
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 12:40:58 AM »
Thanks for the comments!

I felt a little uneasy about the accident on the spindle sander, but looking at the video clip I think the sandpaper only gripped the insert when I removed the thing I was sanding, which allowed it to lift and spin with the loose paper. So it wasn't as close a call as i'd originally thought.

Also I just spent all night trying to get my tablet working properly. Turns out Windows liked to override the drivers that came with the tablet with its own ones, which were causing a terrible 'jittering', making any fine lines I tried to draw very noticeably jagged. It took alot of fiddling and reinstalling stuff to get it to finally work.

Painting is a hell of a thing though. It's difficult to find any decent information beyond the very basics of perspective, etc.

Offline Stilldrillin

• Global Moderator
  • Staveley, Derbyshire. England.
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 01:48:04 AM »
I enjoyed watching that. Including the "whoopsie"!  :clap: :clap:

Thanks for showing......  :thumbup:

David D
David.

Still drilling holes... Sometimes, in the right place!

Still modifying bits of metal... Occasionally, making an improvement!

Offline vtsteam

• Global Moderator
  • Republic of Vermont
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 09:49:17 PM »
Great job and really well done video, Steve. Man you have good handwriting with a pad right off the bat -- I doubt painting is going to be much of a problem! Seinfeld and pizza was a blast from the past. Glad you posted this, definitely worth it! :thumbup:
I love it when a Plan B comes together!
Steve
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sDubB0-REg