Author Topic: Road Barricades  (Read 4584 times)

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
Road Barricades
« on: July 11, 2012, 04:16:54 PM »
Our town has fireworks for the 4 July every year, They use to have them more times but nobody wants to pay for them any more. They could stop which would be nice, as there are enough artillery going off days before and days after. It reminds me of Nam.
Well I live about a mile from the river park were they are set off. So for 37 years we have to barricade the street and driveways if you want some place to park your car! a lot of people don't leave after about4 pm as that's when the numb skulls start to arrive. I was given a couple of the plastic wood, type horse style barricades. I have used assorted others to stretch it out over the years. Since I can use one leg set for each crossbuck. I made up two new cross buck boards form recycled milk bottle Trex deck boards, that were for sale at the local Habit for Humanity resale store. $1.00 a foot cheaper than the big box stores. About the only worth while thing that crazy peanut farmer president we had did.

Here are the results they are 5/4 sized decking so I had to trim off some of the top and back rails. Then washed the surface real good. Applied the non skid hazard tape with a floor tile seem roller to get good adhesive contact.

The commercially made one orange/white
"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen