Author Topic: My first ball ...  (Read 6478 times)

Offline ksor

• Turn off the TV - life ain't replayed !
    • Keld's hjemmeside
My first ball ...
« on: August 23, 2012, 07:06:23 AM »
Now I got my first steinless steel ball made on my jig - it took way too long to finish the jig, but now it's done !  :med:

http://kelds.weebly.com/kuglevaeligrktoslashj.html

Translate in the upper right corner !
Best regards
KSor, Denmark
Skype name: keldsor

Offline mechman48

Re: My first ball ...
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 02:25:48 PM »
 :wave:
Nice job, well done,
One queston; what did you use to put on your engine jewelling marks?..I have seen other work with this type of finish, some say they have used wire brushes wrapped with wire or hose clips, have seen videos where they have used 'Cratex rubberised abrasive sticks (only seem to be avaible in the US not in the UK) some have used abrasive paste on the end of dowels etc, etc...  what did you use  :scratch:
cheers
George
George.

Always look on the bright side of life, & remember.. KISS..' Keep It Simple Stupid'

Offline ksor

• Turn off the TV - life ain't replayed !
    • Keld's hjemmeside
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 04:20:34 PM »
Nice job, well done,
One queston; what did you use to put on your engine jewelling marks?..I have seen other work with this type of finish, some say they have used wire brushes wrapped with wire or hose clips, have seen videos where they have used 'Cratex rubberised abrasive sticks (only seem to be avaible in the US not in the UK) some have used abrasive paste on the end of dowels etc, etc...  what did you use  :scratch:
cheers
George

Even more simple than you can imagin ... I'll take a picture and show you :worthless:
Best regards
KSor, Denmark
Skype name: keldsor

Offline saw

• lucky amateur
    • Svenssons AckordsWerkstad
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 04:43:18 PM »
Nice done  :thumbup: :thumbup:

Offline mechman48

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 07:45:38 AM »
Nice job, well done,
cheers
George
Hi ksor

.. Would be nice to see the pics of the set up / tools you have to do the engine jewelling, sounds like you have a simple solution?  :scratch:

Cheers
George
George.

Always look on the bright side of life, & remember.. KISS..' Keep It Simple Stupid'