Author Topic: Folding cart and material saved from the scrapper  (Read 4855 times)

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
Folding cart and material saved from the scrapper
« on: June 14, 2011, 08:41:41 PM »

This started life out as a store display for some brand of beverage. I wanted to use it as a case cart for water from the local branch of Aldi's since I only use a bag for the food items that I buy there. It is a pain to put the 4/5 cases of water into and out of the cart. This way I would only have to load the cart and then unload it at the truck only once each.

Problem was there was nothing in the center of the cart to hold the water cases in while it was tipped and moving. I had just picked up a metal shipping frame for fence fabric and a couple of Off road large tired motorcycles @ the local farm store. Always nice when you come back with material worth more, than you spend at the store  :clap:

The strap steel from the frame was perfect and almost the right size for the two uprights and cross members to fill in in the open space. Well after some welding, and some paint it turned out great. It will be good to leave in the bed of the truck as the shelf folds flat against the handle so it takes up little room.

saved the cost of one of the folding carts like at Harbor Freight $49.99 last time I checked.
"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen