Author Topic: Gantry build  (Read 20259 times)

tumutbound

Re: Gantry build
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2009, 03:37:04 AM »
It's away better than what I used to lift the lathe onto its stand.
[In case anyone doesn't recoginse the material, it's called W-O-O-D]

Offline Darren

• Madmodder Committee
  • N/Wales
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2009, 05:17:36 AM »
I take it you do a bit of welding then Jatt, that's looking good. I like the idea of the rotary ....  :thumbup:

Turnaround, good bit of improvisation there, you not been sneeking a view into my place have you .....  :lol:
You will find it a distinct help… if you know and look as if you know what you are doing. (IRS training manual)

Offline jatt

• chookshed engineer
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2009, 03:15:41 AM »
I take it you do a bit of welding then Jatt
  Yeah you could say that.  Some weeks I morph into this mad metal melting creature.  Just depends whats on the to do list and what work throws at me.

Ah yes Turnaround that brown stuff.  Too bad they dont normally grow in 8 x 4 sheet form, cause this glorified ply I use can be sod to cut cleanly.

The rotisserie can lift straight out of its pivet and out of the way easily.  To stop it from spinning uncontrollably I have welded angle iron to the pivets and made some pins to lock things in place in various positions.  To be honest it will probably be used more as a table than anything else.
From an early age my father taught me to wear welding gloves . "Its not to protect your hands son, its to put out the fire when u set yourself alight".

Forget about the price of gold and oil, its the price of beer that matters.