Author Topic: Introduction to Welding  (Read 2573 times)

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
Introduction to Welding
« on: May 14, 2008, 07:05:02 AM »
Introduction to Welding
Ronald F Gonzales and I G Edmonds
ISBN 0-06-453303-4 trade paperback
copyright©1975
Canfield Press

This is a hobbyist type book when it was written. As it only covered stick arc and oxy-acetylene welding. As it is for the beginner and or somebody coming into welding with little knowledge or experience. It goes thru the basics, along with the equipment,metal prep, types of welds. Along with inspection and testing during practice. It has a lot of photos and some drawings so you can see what is going on.
It does finish up with, art metal sculpture welding, not an in depth discussion, but more than other books on welding give to the area. The home shop, and about were to go from here. On to TIG and MIG welding.

It does give a pretty good description and info on the solid oxy type welding system. which the younger crowd may not know about. Lucky for me I knew somebody that had one, and heard about the oxygen pellets only lasting for 8 minutes and having to be reloaded.Since I already had the full rig I didn't become seduced by their advertising and purchase a set up.
But if I find one in the box with pellets I may buy one now for a collectors /talking item of the good old daysSmile

All in all if you are looking for a good step by step of stick and gas welding and cutting. With none of the other welding covered then this is the one for you.
"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen