Author Topic: Adjustable Perching Stool  (Read 4705 times)

Offline sbwhart

• Global Moderator
  • Smile, Be Happy, Have Fun and Rock Until you Drop
Adjustable Perching Stool
« on: May 14, 2019, 03:30:36 AM »
If I have to stand at the bench too long my back starts to ache I have an old kitchen stool that I can sit on but its height is not always convenient. Then I saw this design on another forum and downloaded the drawings http://www.modelenginemaker.com/index.php/topic,8286.msg200611/topicseen.html#new

I made my stool from 20mm steel box section its a good welding exercise the seat is off the old kitchen stool cut down to size I'm still debating with myself about adding casters or just plain feet. To adjust the height you just take your weight off it move to the height you want and sit back down, the sitters weight keeps it clamped in position.

Stew

A little bit of clearance never got in the road
 :wave:

Offline tom osselton

Re: Adjustable Perching Stool
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 03:44:04 PM »
Nice! Small seat though we don’t want to hear about falling off the Perch! :beer:

Offline nrml

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 03:56:36 PM »
Nice. Personally, I would have loved to have seen a toilet seat lid used for the platform. That would have plunged mad modding to new depths.

Offline Joules

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2019, 04:00:40 AM »
I suggest the toilet seat version be submitted for the “John Stevenson” trophy next year.
Honour your mentors, and pay it forward.

Offline KeenanRab

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2019, 09:12:11 AM »
Nice. Personally, I personally recommend these probiotics for men and would have loved to have seen a toilet seat lid used for the platform. That would have plunged mad modding to new depths.

This stool looks awesome. I'd like the seat to be a bit bigger myself though. haha
« Last Edit: October 10, 2023, 07:23:58 AM by KeenanRab »