Author Topic: Likes and Like Buttons  (Read 2404 times)

Offline vtsteam

• Global Moderator
  • Republic of Vermont
Likes and Like Buttons
« on: July 03, 2018, 04:18:51 PM »
Guys, I routinely block unnecessary background scripts on websites, including this forum.

Since the new "likes" system here requires allowing the googleapis.com script, that one is blocked for me, and I don't see your "likes"

And also, I can't "like" anything you do, back. I don't get the buttons to do that.

So therefore, please don't be upset if I don't appear to respond to your "liking" anything I do here. Because I got no idea that you do!

And also, if I don't seem to ever "like" you, it's not because I don't actually like you!

I do.

Solution: I'll just let you know that I like what you do or say by the old fashioned forum method: I'll actually write it out in a thread post. Using words! (weird, I know) :loco:

Or:

:mmr:

Or

:clap:  :beer: :bow: :thumbup: :coffee:

or even

:poke:

I love it when a Plan B comes together!
Steve
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sDubB0-REg

Offline tom osselton

Re: Likes and Like Buttons
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 04:33:53 PM »
I wouldn’t worry about it sometimes you feel ya just have to push the button but the views says it all!

Offline Biggles

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 11:36:16 AM »
Not to worry Steve, its probably because of the republic of Vermont's water!  :)

Offline PekkaNF

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 03:31:32 PM »
No prob, I like you messages, even when I don't press every time "like" message. I thouht the purpose of "Like" was to indicate apreciation, even if you don't have pressing need to comment or indicate that you are following.

I have no idea if anybody likes my messages...I see the likes on other peoples threads but not mine. My life does not depend much my very limited social networks (this and one Finish).

Great folks here

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2018, 04:05:07 PM »
Well Pekka, even if you can't see it, I HAVE pressed like for your post  :clap:

I agree people are too hung up on these things - for years I resisted using Facebook, and eventually signed up to see what the grand children are doing, but I'm seriously considering coming off it due to the junk I get sent
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex