Author Topic: DDCSV1.1 4 Axis controller  (Read 440203 times)

Offline AVK74

Re: DDCSV1.1 4 Axis controller
« Reply #500 on: March 18, 2017, 12:14:43 AM »
Greetings!
Will the softlimits function work normally?
This function does not work at this time. The axes do not stop at the base points. There is a run up to 5-10mm.
That is, softlimit does not work.

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #501 on: March 18, 2017, 08:23:19 AM »
Greetings!
Will the softlimits function work normally?
This function does not work at this time. The axes do not stop at the base points. There is a run up to 5-10mm.
That is, softlimit does not work.
Sorry, there is not much I can do (just yet?). Just be a little more conservative with the limits for now.

Offline AVK74

« Reply #502 on: March 18, 2017, 08:48:14 AM »
It would be great if you took note of this problem.
The controller is very good, but without softlimit it is very inconvenient for me to work.

Offline Joules

« Reply #503 on: March 18, 2017, 08:53:36 AM »
The soft limits do work, but as you have noted they don't have deceleration ramp as they are approached.  The solution is to set them with a tolerance.  How many times do you need to use the full capacity of the machine bed.  Keep tight control of your work, you shouldn't be running into the soft limits anyway.  Walk the machine head round the part to make sure it fits if it's going to be that close.
Honour your mentors, and pay it forward.

Offline AVK74

« Reply #504 on: March 18, 2017, 09:06:00 AM »
The solution is to set them with a tolerance. 
Unfortunately this is not a solution, but a crutch.
In Mach3, this function works perfectly correctly. Only the absence of this function stops me from moving to this panel.
Is no one using softlimit? It's so convenient.

Offline John Stevenson

• In Memoriam
  • Nottingham, England.
« Reply #505 on: March 18, 2017, 09:12:00 AM »
Learn to keep within the correct working area. Soft limits, guard rails and centre reservations are for people with a defunct guide dog.
John Stevenson

Offline AVK74

« Reply #506 on: March 18, 2017, 09:41:50 AM »
If you do not use this function, it does not mean that it is not needed.
On a large heavy machine, one error can lead to very costly consequences and the dog with the guide as you said is very much needed.

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #507 on: March 18, 2017, 10:19:48 AM »
If you do not use this function, it does not mean that it is not needed.
On a large heavy machine, one error can lead to very costly consequences and the dog with the guide as you said is very much needed.
You are absolutely right. And we all agree that this feature is useful and much needed.
However right now we really need to use the workaround of defining a slightly smaller working area as what you can actually use.
If you are operating very expensive equipment and need an instant stop, try the hard limits. They worked fine for me.
He was just referring to it being good practice to make sure you never reach any limits.

Best regards,
Benedikt

Offline jjae6

« Reply #508 on: March 27, 2017, 10:07:42 AM »
Hi Benedikt and other advanced users.!!    :bow:

Another question: it would be possible to use unused inputs, for example inputs from "A" fourth axis to integrate them into a program??  That is, I want to know if we can use control structures like: "IF...,  WHILE..."  with those inputs.

For example:
- G-code program Moves router, for example "X10 Y10".
- G-code program goes into a loop until we activate the "A + Limit" (or another input), then G-code continues and makes other moves: X20 Y20 .. etc, etc.   For example by "IF #XX EQ1 GOTO10" or by a " WHILE...DO"command, where #XX is the "A+ Limit" signal.

The idea is to integrate this fabulous ddcsv1.1 into a Machine with more input buttons and logical functions associated with those "new" inputs signal. It would be nice to know if this is possible.

Currently,  maybe I can use and experiment with the "probe" tool signal..., but I would like to have more inputs signals available if possible.

Offline maxx2000

« Reply #509 on: March 27, 2017, 11:13:06 AM »
Hi Benedikt and other advanced users.!!    :bow:

Another question: it would be possible to use unused inputs, for example inputs from "A" fourth axis to integrate them into a program??  That is, I want to know if we can use control structures like: "IF...,  WHILE..."  with those inputs.

For example:
- G-code program Moves router, for example "X10 Y10".
- G-code program goes into a loop until we activate the "A + Limit" (or another input), then G-code continues and makes other moves: X20 Y20 .. etc, etc.   For example by "IF #XX EQ1 GOTO10" or by a " WHILE...DO"command, where #XX is the "A+ Limit" signal.

The idea is to integrate this fabulous ddcsv1.1 into a Machine with more input buttons and logical functions associated with those "new" inputs signal. It would be nice to know if this is possible.

Currently,  maybe I can use and experiment with the "probe" tool signal..., but I would like to have more inputs signals available if possible.
I think this is possible, but you will most likely have to give up limits. I have two hands for this. For a small machine up to 400x500mm, the limits, as it were, are not needed
Sorry for my english, this is Google translator

Offline ugv

« Reply #510 on: March 29, 2017, 07:16:47 AM »
pour ceux qui veulent utiliser les cycles existants dans ddcsv voici des programmes les macro sont slib
(contour ext circulaire)
G90 G54
M03 S6000
G0 X0 Y0 Z20
G112 I30 R5 Z-1 F1000
M30

(poche carre)
G90 G54
M03 S6000
G0 X0 Y0 Z20
G110 X50 Y60 R5 Z-1 F1000
M30

(poche circulaire)
G90 G54
M03 S6000
G0 X0 Y0 Z20
G111 I30 R5 Z-1 F1000
M30

I=rayon
R=rayon fraise
X=largeur poche
Y=longueur poche

Offline librarymark

« Reply #511 on: March 31, 2017, 05:09:57 PM »
Does anyone know what the current draw of this unit is? The manual that I saw says,

"...the current capacity is required not to be lower than 0.5A".

Not to be lower? What's up with that? I want to know what the "not to be higher" number would be.

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #512 on: March 31, 2017, 05:33:47 PM »
Does anyone know what the current draw of this unit is? The manual that I saw says,

"...the current capacity is required not to be lower than 0.5A".

Not to be lower? What's up with that? I want to know what the "not to be higher" number would be.
Unfortunately, I could only measure it in idle right now, as my controller is currently not connected, but I assume this is another instance of bad English and what they actually meant was, that the maximum power consumption is 0.5A (it[the supply, I assume] shall not be lower than 0.5A). Sitting idle at 24v (with no USB connected) it draws about 110-ish mA.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 06:49:25 AM by Benedikt M. »

Offline librarymark

« Reply #513 on: March 31, 2017, 06:13:24 PM »
Thanks, Benedikt! I suspected as much, but I could not be sure. I have ordered one of these, but it has not arrived yet.

Offline BrokenEye

« Reply #514 on: April 02, 2017, 07:33:33 AM »
That caught me out at first, I use a constant current bench PSU and I set it for 500mA , and only the buzzer sounded, I thought It was busted at first, but  there was no "magic smoke" so I cranked it up to an Amp and found that it worked :)  :zap:
Backup, then Backup the Backup then Backup again

Offline librarymark

« Reply #515 on: April 02, 2017, 08:27:59 AM »
That caught me out at first, I use a constant current bench PSU and I set it for 500mA , and only the buzzer sounded, I thought It was busted at first, but  there was no "magic smoke" so I cranked it up to an Amp and found that it worked :)  :zap:
I got my controller in the mail yesterday. Hooked it up to 24V and it was pulling 91mA with no USB drive. BrokenEye - when you cranked it up to an Amp what voltage did it wind up at?

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #516 on: April 02, 2017, 08:35:24 AM »
I got my controller in the mail yesterday. Hooked it up to 24V and it was pulling 91mA with no USB drive. BrokenEye - when you cranked it up to an Amp what voltage did it wind up at?
Glad you received it!
I would recommend you to flash the new firmware rightaway ;-)
https://www.bmuessig.eu/secure/data/CNC/DDCSV11/install-mod-20170304.zip

Usual upgrade instructions apply (extract to root of USB + reboot controller with stick inserted).
This should fix many of the annoyances of the controller. I am still working on the new version with the G-Code rewriting.

Offline BrokenEye

« Reply #517 on: April 02, 2017, 11:28:14 AM »

I set it to 20V @ 1A , it pulls 123mA with no extra current draining stuff

Offline librarymark

« Reply #518 on: April 03, 2017, 05:59:03 PM »

I set it to 20V @ 1A , it pulls 123mA with no extra current draining stuff

OK - that makes more sense. Thanks.

Offline BrokenEye

« Reply #519 on: April 05, 2017, 12:36:19 PM »
Has anyone found out what version of Fanuc control, this has been emulated from, just trying to find out the variables used.....?

some help would be greatly appreciated   :doh:

Offline m_c_t

« Reply #520 on: April 11, 2017, 04:28:14 AM »
Glad you received it!
I would recommend you to flash the new firmware rightaway ;-)
https://www.bmuessig.eu/secure/data/CNC/DDCSV11/install-mod-20170304.zip

Usual upgrade instructions apply (extract to root of USB + reboot controller with stick inserted).
This should fix many of the annoyances of the controller. I am still working on the new version with the G-Code rewriting.
Hello!
This update is very good, congratulations.   :smart:
My question many:
How is it possible to turn ON password protection?
How is it possible by G-code, called workflow?
I think here:
"G21
G0 Y100 x200
M20 (probe code)
M03
G1 F2000 x200 y120
"
M20 is a unique probe or macro function.
How is this possible?
When you can run code of "probe" function references?
Thank you, good job, good luck
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 01:28:43 PM by m_c_t »

Offline iocapa

« Reply #521 on: April 11, 2017, 04:45:40 PM »
Greetings fellow madmodders.
A few days ago i ordered my unit, in the meantime i decided to look over the stuff it can do and i saw it had some limitations. So i made some research and maybe i can help with the software rewrite.
Soo.. i started to look over the stuff Benedikt did, and started to dig deeper in the reverse engineering, and found that for sure the internal UI made with Segger EmWIN.
I also started to a reverse engineer the motion driver (motiondev.ko), sorted out the low level comm stuff, and started writing source code for it. It's basically a character driver that uses some ioctl commands to acces some memory areas by a simple parallel port emulated through the GPIOs (more details in the code). I will upload it on github.
I am not that experienced in linux and maybe someone can help me with the files needed for the compilation of the kernel object so i can make a replacement for the original driver (from the reverse engineering it looks poorly written), i know that i need some headers for the version i want to build.

Basically the application writes some registers in the FPGA.
For example to beep the buzzer you have to write address 0x63 LSB with 1 or 0.
If you will look over the decompilation you can see some examples (look for functions that contain WR_DATA). The hard part will be the interpolation stuff, but i guess it should be doable. Maybe i can hook mine to a JTAG adapter when it arrives.

Also I will embed some disassembly/decompilation from IDA

https://github.com/iocapa/motiondev
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 05:15:22 PM by iocapa »

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #522 on: April 11, 2017, 07:22:47 PM »
Greetings fellow madmodders.
A few days ago i ordered my unit, in the meantime i decided to look over the stuff it can do and i saw it had some limitations. So i made some research and maybe i can help with the software rewrite.
Soo.. i started to look over the stuff Benedikt did, and started to dig deeper in the reverse engineering, and found that for sure the internal UI made with Segger EmWIN.
I also started to a reverse engineer the motion driver (motiondev.ko), sorted out the low level comm stuff, and started writing source code for it. It's basically a character driver that uses some ioctl commands to acces some memory areas by a simple parallel port emulated through the GPIOs (more details in the code). I will upload it on github.
I am not that experienced in linux and maybe someone can help me with the files needed for the compilation of the kernel object so i can make a replacement for the original driver (from the reverse engineering it looks poorly written), i know that i need some headers for the version i want to build.

Basically the application writes some registers in the FPGA.
For example to beep the buzzer you have to write address 0x63 LSB with 1 or 0.
If you will look over the decompilation you can see some examples (look for functions that contain WR_DATA). The hard part will be the interpolation stuff, but i guess it should be doable. Maybe i can hook mine to a JTAG adapter when it arrives.

Also I will embed some disassembly/decompilation from IDA

https://github.com/iocapa/motiondev
Hi there!
If you contact me via email I can provide you with the development tools for this exact controller. Including the factory flasher and the tool that loads linux images to RAM and executes them (talks to the bootloader in ROM and then jumps to the linux).
These tools include the source code to the full UI library and most kernel modules (not including the motion module, but including GPIO /etc.)
Of course this also includes all toolchain tools and the linux kernel used.
I am glad you got that far into reverse engineering. I had no time recently but great that you got on the right path! :beer:
I have gotten SDL to work, so if we decide to give our custom UI a go, the screen interface already works well.

EDIT:
Thank you so much for the decompilation! I don't have the HexRays Decompiler so this saves me so much work.  :thumbup:

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #523 on: April 14, 2017, 06:41:01 PM »
Somehow I was lucky and my USB port was not fried  :bugeye:
I connected the factory programming tool and I can now write anything to the controller that I want!
But  :worthless:

So:

Offline m_c_t

« Reply #524 on: April 15, 2017, 05:26:29 PM »
Very clever.
Did you answer me? previous question ...
I've got more professional controller.
I help you?Link e-mail went
You need him?