Author Topic: DDCSV1.1 4 Axis controller  (Read 439140 times)

Offline Benedikt

Re: DDCSV1.1 4 Axis controller
« Reply #100 on: October 29, 2016, 11:37:08 AM »
Hi,
I requested a copy of the latest firmware from my supplier (fly-xy) and I received a zip with the install files. Please PM me if you want a copy - or are able to host it 'somewhere'.

No idea if it is good or not but it might help someone out - maybe Benedikt or someone more Linux-savvy can check it out. BTW, its for the 4 axis version.
BR
Simon
Hi,
I requested a copy of the latest firmware from my supplier (fly-xy) and I received a zip with the install files. Please PM me if you want a copy - or are able to host it 'somewhere'.

No idea if it is good or not but it might help someone out - maybe Benedikt or someone more Linux-savvy can check it out. BTW, its for the 4 axis version.
BR
Simon

I would be more than happy to have the new firmware (4 Axis), would you be happy to email me as an attachment?
[emanuel(063) (at)][outlook](dot)[com]
Thank you so much, i can manage to upload the files in a host and nake them available for all
Regards
Emanuel
Hello!

You can download the version Simon sent me from here:
http://data.bmuessig.eu/CNC/DDCSV11/install-stock-2016061080.zip

I am already hosting the file so that anybody can download it. The 3 and 4 axis controllers use the same firmware.

Regards,
Benedikt
Thanks a lot!!!! :beer:
So: if the 3/4 axis are the same firmware, why we pay the difference between the 2 controllers?
There's a flag somwhere that tell to the controller which is 3 and which is 4 axis for sure, as the electronic board and output connectors and signal are the same..... :doh:
Am i wrong?
Cheers...
Emanuel
You are welcome.

No, you are absolutely right. There is just a flag that sets whether it is a 3 or 4 axis controller.
This is either a simple digital flag/setting, a change in the linux image (which could be changed) or a simple solder bridge on the PCB. The hardware for the other axis is there. The backside of the unit simply says NC for the A-axis pins on the 3-axis controller.

I will look some more into this and possibly into finding an easy way to upgrade 3 to 4 axis controllers.

I wonder if the difference is just the label, chinese often do that, they are not expecting normal people opening the control box and change things, but we are not normal people :) !!!!!!
So...... i will open the box and check, but i'm pretty sure i'm right, i will post pictures of what i find out soon.
Many thanks for now,
Regards
Emanuel

As you can see in the menu, there is the A axis box. it is simply empty on the 3 axis model. The settings for the A axis are all present on the 3 axis model. I don't know if the 3-axis model still parses the A axis gcode commands. This is yet to be found out. But yes, there is a simply flag. Finding out where it is stored is probably rather easy. I will disassemble the rest of the firmware now and have a closer look. When they manufacture it, they simply use the 4 axis board, set the flag (using either uart or through USB or maybe even with button presses) and then stick the 3 axis label on.

Let's try something crazy! Anybody with a 4-axis machine. Could you copy me the linuxrc file that sits at / of the internal file manager. Use [FRO] to copy and [2ND] to paste.

Also I just found out the FPGA is mapped to /dev/motion
I can't wait to dump the entire flash.

I'll Try, hope i don't delete all the firmware, as is very easy to do with just pressing the "MODE" button...
Well if you accidentially do, don't power down the machine. I can send you a 3 axis replacement so it would still boot.
But thank you for trying it.

So I have made some progress myself, not with the firmware, but with my actual CNC. I connected the new stepper drivers and it works perfectly  :D

Offline Merlin201314

• London
« Reply #101 on: October 29, 2016, 02:07:37 PM »
Hi,

BR
Simon
Hi,

BR
Simon

I would be more than happy to have the new firmware (4 Axis), would you be happy to email me as an attachment?
[emanuel(063) (at)][outlook](dot)[com]
Thank you so much, i can manage to upload the files in a host and nake them available for all
Regards
Emanuel
Hello!

You can download the version Simon sent me from here:
http://data.bmuessig.eu/CNC/DDCSV11/install-stock-2016061080.zip

I am already hosting the file so that anybody can download it. The 3 and 4 axis controllers use the same firmware.

Regards,
Benedikt
Thanks a lot!!!! :beer:
So: if the 3/4 axis are the same firmware, why we pay the difference between the 2 controllers?
There's a flag somwhere that tell to the controller which is 3 and which is 4 axis for sure, as the electronic board and output connectors and signal are the same..... :doh:
Am i wrong?
Cheers...
Emanuel
You are welcome.

No, you are absolutely right. There is just a flag that sets whether it is a 3 or 4 axis controller.
This is either a simple digital flag/setting, a change in the linux image (which could be changed) or a simple solder bridge on the PCB. The hardware for the other axis is there. The backside of the unit simply says NC for the A-axis pins on the 3-axis controller.

I will look some more into this and possibly into finding an easy way to upgrade 3 to 4 axis controllers.

I wonder if the difference is just the label, chinese often do that, they are not expecting normal people opening the control box and change things, but we are not normal people :) !!!!!!
So...... i will open the box and check, but i'm pretty sure i'm right, i will post pictures of what i find out soon.
Many thanks for now,
Regards
Emanuel

As you can see in the menu, there is the A axis box. it is simply empty on the 3 axis model. The settings for the A axis are all present on the 3 axis model. I don't know if the 3-axis model still parses the A axis gcode commands. This is yet to be found out. But yes, there is a simply flag. Finding out where it is stored is probably rather easy. I will disassemble the rest of the firmware now and have a closer look. When they manufacture it, they simply use the 4 axis board, set the flag (using either uart or through USB or maybe even with button presses) and then stick the 3 axis label on.

Let's try something crazy! Anybody with a 4-axis machine. Could you copy me the linuxrc file that sits at / of the internal file manager. Use [FRO] to copy and [2ND] to paste.

Also I just found out the FPGA is mapped to /dev/motion
I can't wait to dump the entire flash.

I'll Try, hope i don't delete all the firmware, as is very easy to do with just pressing the "MODE" button...
Well if you accidentially do, don't power down the machine. I can send you a 3 axis replacement so it would still boot.
But thank you for trying it.

So I have made some progress myself, not with the firmware, but with my actual CNC. I connected the new stepper drivers and it works perfectly  :D

That's a good new, but the controller works perfectly, you will be pleased with it, much better than Mach3, clean pulse and fast response, the only problem is that accept Fanuc G.code most than everything, so i suggest you to be very careful before you run the machine with some metal under the spindle :bang: ....

I ordered this motor and controller set, as i am not happy at all for the stepper motors, there's even an alternative cheaper chinese one, but i choose the good one.
after pushing my cnc to the limit i realized that i need Brushless for the best accuracy, i'll keep you posted as soon as i have them at work.....

https://www.teknic.com/products/clearpath-brushless-dc-servo-motors/
Cheers
Emanuel

Offline Merlin201314

• London
« Reply #102 on: November 01, 2016, 04:29:23 AM »
Hi all,
Any progress diassembling the DDCSV1.1 linux image?

Offline John Stevenson

• In Memoriam
  • Nottingham, England.
« Reply #103 on: November 01, 2016, 06:06:03 AM »
He's probably got that confused trying to keep up with 25,852 quoted messages  :wave:
John Stevenson

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
« Reply #104 on: November 01, 2016, 06:51:44 AM »
Give him a break John, he's only just joined and is learning the ropes  :med:
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline Merlin201314

• London
« Reply #105 on: November 01, 2016, 09:54:44 AM »
Give him a break John, he's only just joined and is learning the ropes  :med:
Sorry :bow:  try to learn.....

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #106 on: November 08, 2016, 04:23:52 PM »
Oh, I am sorry, but I have not made much progress disassemblying the image. However the firmware is now almost ready. String lengths and content make a lot more sence now than they did before.

Right now I am finishing my CNC in my spare time. Currently I am looking into making a panel for my controller.
This is the design that I am going to submit to the company who lasers these control panels:

Any suggestions or improvements are highly appreciated :)

These are the translations of the different strings on the panel:
"CNC-FRÄSMASCHINE" = "CNC-MILLING MACHINE"
"NOT-HALT" = "Emergency stop"
"AUS/EIN" = "OFF/ON"

I am willing to share the original SolidWorks and DXF drawings on request so that you can modify them (or I can help you do this) and get one lasered yourself.
The holes for the controller are exactly measured from the actual DDCSV1.1 unit. The other holes are for the USB panel mount and for two screw mount panel switches. One being an emergency stop and one being a soft on/off rotary switch.

Regards,
Benedikt

Offline Merlin201314

• London
« Reply #107 on: November 09, 2016, 05:39:44 AM »
Nice job,  very clean panel, at the end you just need the minimum, the rest is on the screen(personal opinion).

I started milling some 2,5D shapes on wood to try the controller and how accurate is, i have to say that i'm quite happy for what i got ...
I will post some pictures just for share, they are just random shapes done in solidworks in a few minutes, but they give the idea.
Mach post processor it doesen't work, need some changes in the final file to work properly (this controller is generic fanuc G-Code)
Of course i will share pictures of my little router...
The tolerance measured on wood  really surprised me.... let's look at the pictures later! :)

:worthless:
Catch you later guys
Regards

Offline Merlin201314

• London
« Reply #108 on: November 09, 2016, 08:41:34 AM »
If you allow me,  I would suggest you to add the space for the "All Zero"  button in the front of the panel,  that will save you to push the keyboard twice during the piece zero setup before the Z probe,  Then if you are very demanding you can even add the Center Finder button,  as is allowed by the controller setup...
Cheers 🍻

Inviato dal mio SM-N9005 utilizzando Tapatalk

Offline Merlin201314

• London
« Reply #109 on: November 09, 2016, 02:30:03 PM »
I tried to upload some pictures,  but it says I'm not allowed to do that due to security check failures

Offline Merlin201314

• London
« Reply #110 on: November 09, 2016, 02:32:47 PM »
2 attempt to upload pictures as promised......
Every comment is fully approved and appreciate

Offline Maciej

« Reply #111 on: November 12, 2016, 01:56:06 AM »
Hi All,
I would like to thank all that contributed to this thread, it give me some inside into this box before I bought it. The contribution to Chinglisch=>English translation is greatly appreciated.
I bought the the X6-1500GT from carving-cnc (now it is called Omiocnc) some 3 years ago, similar to this https://www.omiocnc.com/products/x6-2200l-usb.html but 1.5kW spindle. The machine is well made mechanically for hobby work more than enough. The controller box is ok apart from the usb card / Windows + Mach3. It started to skip steps, the motors would stall, looks like noise or breaks in communication somewhere... I never find out what was the cause, after I got windows update reset the pc in the middle of the job I had enough.
I pull the trigger and got DDCSV1.1. Old Dell PC provided the case, rest I butchered from old CNC controller box.
Here are the pics of the old controller https://goo.gl/photos/Fn9C33iL88yi99XT9
And the new one with DDCSV:
https://goo.gl/photos/qcFnpDHyAJk3gcRn7

So far so good. I think everything is working. I am missing the ATC function from mach 3 with 2 sensor plates setup, one fixed and one mobile. I have yet to figureout the following:
1) Probe mode 1 operation and the tools offset, how to use it. Currently I am using Mode 2 which behaves as I expect, it resets Z to 0 using the mobile probe.
2) My Home (x=0,y=0 machine coord) point is on the left and back of the table. Y axes home switch was convenient to put at the back. In Mach3 I could setup coordinates to Home other than 0 but I do not thin I can do it with DDCSV. As a result The machine travels to Home once at the beginning of the job and twice at the end... It may be the Post-processor I am using. (Aspire, with Fanuc post.)

I cut simple holder for ER16 collets, pics are at the end of the new CNC box album.

Maciej

Offline Merlin201314

• London
« Reply #112 on: November 12, 2016, 04:35:38 AM »
Hi All,
I would like to thank all that contributed to this thread, it give me some inside into this box before I bought it. The contribution to Chinglisch=>English translation is greatly appreciated.
I bought the the X6-1500GT from carving-cnc (now it is called Omiocnc) some 3 years ago, similar to this https://www.omiocnc.com/products/x6-2200l-usb.html but 1.5kW spindle. The machine is well made mechanically for hobby work more than enough. The controller box is ok apart from the usb card / Windows + Mach3. It started to skip steps, the motors would stall, looks like noise or breaks in communication somewhere... I never find out what was the cause, after I got windows update reset the pc in the middle of the job I had enough.
I pull the trigger and got DDCSV1.1. Old Dell PC provided the case, rest I butchered from old CNC controller box.
Here are the pics of the old controller https://goo.gl/photos/Fn9C33iL88yi99XT9
And the new one with DDCSV:
https://goo.gl/photos/qcFnpDHyAJk3gcRn7

So far so good. I think everything is working. I am missing the ATC function from mach 3 with 2 sensor plates setup, one fixed and one mobile. I have yet to figureout the following:
1) Probe mode 1 operation and the tools offset, how to use it. Currently I am using Mode 2 which behaves as I expect, it resets Z to 0 using the mobile probe.
2) My Home (x=0,y=0 machine coord) point is on the left and back of the table. Y axes home switch was convenient to put at the back. In Mach3 I could setup coordinates to Home other than 0 but I do not thin I can do it with DDCSV. As a result The machine travels to Home once at the beginning of the job and twice at the end... It may be the Post-processor I am using. (Aspire, with Fanuc post.)

I cut simple holder for ER16 collets, pics are at the end of the new CNC box album.

Maciej
Hi,  I have a omio X6 2200, just bought,  and first of everything I throw away the Cnc card,  is useless,  it was give me  continuous error and stop the job in the middle of the operation so I got  a 4 axis Ddcsv1.1 as you,  but I'm struggling to find out how the mode1 of the probe works.....  By the way,  playing around with the  controller at the beginning, I managed to delete the main program,  so I downloaded one from a link provided by a member of the forum,  but now I have a 3 axis machine and I cannot find the right firmware...  Anyway,  good job,  and if you manage to find out about the probe keep us posted,  I'm working on the parameters "tool offset"  to find out what they are,  as they are not mentioned anywhere in the manual.
Regards,
 Emanuel

Sended by my tapatalk

Offline philf

« Reply #113 on: November 12, 2016, 05:23:41 AM »

The controller box is ok apart from the usb card / Windows + Mach3. It started to skip steps, the motors would stall, looks like noise or breaks in communication somewhere... I never find out what was the cause, after I got windows update reset the pc in the middle of the job I had enough.

Maciej

Maciej,

Ideally a Mach3 PC shouldn't be connected to the outside world at all. Mine is running XP with no antivirus, no updates enabled, no internet or network connection. I load code from a USB stick. Even then, plugging in a USB stick mustn't be done whilst a CNC job is running.

I can see the appeal of a stand alone controller and if I was starting from scratch now it's probably the way I'd go.

Phil.
Phil Fern

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #114 on: November 12, 2016, 06:56:36 AM »
so I got  a 4 axis Ddcsv1.1 as you,  but I'm struggling to find out how the mode1 of the probe works.....  By the way,  playing around with the  controller at the beginning, I managed to delete the main program,  so I downloaded one from a link provided by a member of the forum,  but now I have a 3 axis machine
Wait as second, that sounds really interesting. I thought the version I got was for a 4-axis machine. If you are really right that would mean we could upgrade machines by just replacing motion.out with a 4-axis version. Anyone with a 4-axis machine, could you please copy motion.out and email me that one to contact [at] bmuessig [dot] eu

I will compare and see what I can do.

By the way, pretty nice results, Merlin!

So I have made progress on my CNC and sent the machining files to the company who does laser cuts. It will be a 1 mm stainless steel panel.
About the extra buttons, I forgot to add them, but I am fine with a few more button presses.

Also in my new translation I have fixed the meaning of the GotoZ and Zero commands. They now tell you that they are for either setting one axis to a custom value or for going to a custom value. And there are still the options to Goto zero or to set zero. Pretty easy to understand now :)

Offline Merlin201314

• London
« Reply #115 on: November 12, 2016, 08:21:41 AM »
so I got  a 4 axis Ddcsv1.1 as you,  but I'm struggling to find out how the mode1 of the probe works.....  By the way,  playing around with the  controller at the beginning, I managed to delete the main program,  so I downloaded one from a link provided by a member of the forum,  but now I have a 3 axis machine
Wait as second, that sounds really interesting. I thought the version I got was for a 4-axis machine. If you are really right that would mean we could upgrade machines by just replacing motion.out with a 4-axis version. Anyone with a 4-axis machine, could you please copy motion.out and email me that one to contact [at] bmuessig [dot] eu

So I have made progress on my CNC and sent the machining files to the company who does laser cuts. It will be a 1 mm stainless steel panel.
About the extra buttons, I forgot to add them, but I am fine with a few more button presses.

Also in my new translation I have fixed the meaning of the GotoZ and Zero commands. They now tell you that they are for either setting one axis to a custom value or for going to a custom value. And there are still the options to Goto zero or to set zero. Pretty easy to understand now :)
So,  is your language file updated now?  Is still stored in your link previously posted?  I'm translating the other macro Chinese commented files,  that will help a lot even for the probe macro.
Emanuel

Sended by my tapatalk

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #116 on: November 12, 2016, 07:48:14 PM »

So,  is your language file updated now?  Is still stored in your link previously posted?  I'm translating the other macro Chinese commented files,  that will help a lot even for the probe macro.
Emanuel

Sended by my tapatalk
Yes I have just updated the file.
It still is and will always be available through this link: https://gist.github.com/bmuessig/cac1750c01ababf316678cc7710e3972

EDIT:
I have put the modded firmware on GitHub:
https://github.com/bmuessig/ddcsv11

Also I have started an open source repo that can not be taken down by anyone. It will however rely on parts of the non-free image to work. I will provide programs to patch a distributed copy of the original firmware with the new components.
This version can be found here: https://github.com/bmuessig/mod-ddcv11/
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 05:41:53 PM by Benedikt M. »

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #117 on: November 14, 2016, 04:35:32 AM »
Edit: wrong url for the open source repo. Fixed one is:
https://github.com/bmuessig/mod-ddcv11/

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #118 on: November 14, 2016, 11:05:58 AM »
Wooho!
I made it!

Sure, it is not the best or most complicated script, but it works and is tested.

I was able to build firmware that allows running commands as root!!!  :D
Everything placed in commands.sh on the USB disk is run once at boot.

Wooho!

ps
Code: [Select]
  PID USER       VSZ STAT COMMAND
    1 root      1124 S    init       
    2 root         0 SW   [kthreadd]
    3 root         0 SW   [ksoftirqd/0]
    4 root         0 SW   [events/0]
    5 root         0 SW   [khelper]
    8 root         0 SW   [async/mgr]
   81 root         0 SW   [sync_supers]
   83 root         0 SW   [bdi-default]
   84 root         0 SW   [kblockd/0]
   93 root         0 SW   [khubd]
   96 root         0 SW   [kseriod]
  187 root         0 SW   [kswapd0]
  188 root         0 SW   [aio/0]
  189 root         0 SW   [crypto/0]
  227 root         0 SW   [mtdblock0]
  232 root         0 SW   [mtdblock1]
  247 root         0 SW   [kpsmoused]
  262 root         0 SW   [usbhid_resumer]
  283 root         0 SW   [scsi_eh_0]
  284 root         0 SW   [usb-storage]
  287 root         0 SWN  [jffs2_gcd_mtd0]
  293 root         0 SWN  [jffs2_gcd_mtd1]
  341 root      1124 S    /bin/sh /mnt/nand1-1/motion.out
  342 root      1124 S    init       
  345 root      1120 S    /bin/sh /mnt/nand1-2/commands.sh
  346 root      1124 R    ps

ls -al /dev/
drwxr-xr-x    5 root     root         2180 Jan  1 00:00 .
drwxr-xr-x   14 root     root            0 Jan  1 00:00 ..
crw-rw----    1 root     root     189,   1 Jan  1 00:00 1-1
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root           60 Jan  1 00:00 bus
crw-------    1 root     root       5,   1 Jan  1 00:00 console
crw-------    1 root     root      10,  63 Jan  1 00:00 cpu_dma_latency
crw-------    1 root     root      29,   0 Jan  1 00:00 fb0
crw-rw-rw-    1 root     root       1,   7 Jan  1 00:00 full
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          120 Jan  1 00:00 input
crw-------    1 root     root       1,  11 Jan  1 00:00 kmsg
brw-------    1 root     root       7,   0 Jan  1 00:00 loop0
brw-------    1 root     root       7,   1 Jan  1 00:00 loop1
brw-------    1 root     root       7,   2 Jan  1 00:00 loop2
brw-------    1 root     root       7,   3 Jan  1 00:00 loop3
brw-------    1 root     root       7,   4 Jan  1 00:00 loop4
brw-------    1 root     root       7,   5 Jan  1 00:00 loop5
brw-------    1 root     root       7,   6 Jan  1 00:00 loop6
brw-------    1 root     root       7,   7 Jan  1 00:00 loop7
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root            3 Jan  1 00:00 mdev.seq
crw-------    1 root     root       1,   1 Jan  1 00:00 mem
crw-rw----    1 root     root     254,   0 Jan  1 00:00 motion
crw-------    1 root     root      90,   0 Jan  1 00:00 mtd0
crw-------    1 root     root      90,   1 Jan  1 00:00 mtd0ro
crw-------    1 root     root      90,   2 Jan  1 00:00 mtd1
crw-------    1 root     root      90,   3 Jan  1 00:00 mtd1ro
brw-------    1 root     root      31,   0 Jan  1 00:00 mtdblock0
brw-------    1 root     root      31,   1 Jan  1 00:00 mtdblock1
crw-------    1 root     root      10,  62 Jan  1 00:00 network_latency
crw-------    1 root     root      10,  61 Jan  1 00:00 network_throughput
crw-rw-rw-    1 root     root       1,   3 Jan  1 00:00 null
crw-rw-rw-    1 root     root       5,   2 Jan  1 00:00 ptmx
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root            0 Jan  1 00:00 pts
brw-------    1 root     root       1,   0 Jan  1 00:00 ram0
crw-rw-rw-    1 root     root       1,   8 Jan  1 00:00 random
brw-rw----    1 root     root       8,   0 Jan  1 00:00 sda
brw-rw----    1 root     root       8,   1 Jan  1 00:00 sda1
crw-rw-rw-    1 root     root       5,   0 Jan  1 00:00 tty
crw-------    1 root     root       4,   0 Jan  1 00:00 tty0
crw-------    1 root     root       4,   1 Jan  1 00:00 tty1
crw-------    1 root     root       4,  10 Jan  1 00:00 tty10
crw-------    1 root     root       4,  11 Jan  1 00:00 tty11
crw-------    1 root     root       4,  12 Jan  1 00:00 tty12
crw-------    1 root     root       4,  13 Jan  1 00:00 tty13
crw-------    1 root     root       4,  14 Jan  1 00:00 tty14
crw-------    1 root     root       4,  15 Jan  1 00:00 tty15
crw-------    1 root     root       4,  16 Jan  1 00:00 tty16
crw-------    1 root     root       4,  17 Jan  1 00:00 tty17
crw-------    1 root     root       4,  18 Jan  1 00:00 tty18
crw-------    1 root     root       4,  19 Jan  1 00:00 tty19
crw-------    1 root     root       4,   2 Jan  1 00:00 tty2
crw-------    1 root     root       4,  20 Jan  1 00:00 tty20
crw-------    1 root     root       4,  21 Jan  1 00:00 tty21
crw-------    1 root     root       4,  22 Jan  1 00:00 tty22
crw-------    1 root     root       4,  23 Jan  1 00:00 tty23
crw-------    1 root     root       4,  24 Jan  1 00:00 tty24
crw-------    1 root     root       4,  25 Jan  1 00:00 tty25
crw-------    1 root     root       4,  26 Jan  1 00:00 tty26
crw-------    1 root     root       4,  27 Jan  1 00:00 tty27
crw-------    1 root     root       4,  28 Jan  1 00:00 tty28
crw-------    1 root     root       4,  29 Jan  1 00:00 tty29
crw-------    1 root     root       4,   3 Jan  1 00:00 tty3
crw-------    1 root     root       4,  30 Jan  1 00:00 tty30
crw-------    1 root     root       4,  31 Jan  1 00:00 tty31
crw-------    1 root     root       4,  32 Jan  1 00:00 tty32
crw-------    1 root     root       4,  33 Jan  1 00:00 tty33
crw-------    1 root     root       4,  34 Jan  1 00:00 tty34
crw-------    1 root     root       4,  35 Jan  1 00:00 tty35
crw-------    1 root     root       4,  36 Jan  1 00:00 tty36
crw-------    1 root     root       4,  37 Jan  1 00:00 tty37
crw-------    1 root     root       4,  38 Jan  1 00:00 tty38
crw-------    1 root     root       4,  39 Jan  1 00:00 tty39
crw-------    1 root     root       4,   4 Jan  1 00:00 tty4
crw-------    1 root     root       4,  40 Jan  1 00:00 tty40
crw-------    1 root     root       4,  41 Jan  1 00:00 tty41
crw-------    1 root     root       4,  42 Jan  1 00:00 tty42
crw-------    1 root     root       4,  43 Jan  1 00:00 tty43
crw-------    1 root     root       4,  44 Jan  1 00:00 tty44
crw-------    1 root     root       4,  45 Jan  1 00:00 tty45
crw-------    1 root     root       4,  46 Jan  1 00:00 tty46
crw-------    1 root     root       4,  47 Jan  1 00:00 tty47
crw-------    1 root     root       4,  48 Jan  1 00:00 tty48
crw-------    1 root     root       4,  49 Jan  1 00:00 tty49
crw-------    1 root     root       4,   5 Jan  1 00:00 tty5
crw-------    1 root     root       4,  50 Jan  1 00:00 tty50
crw-------    1 root     root       4,  51 Jan  1 00:00 tty51
crw-------    1 root     root       4,  52 Jan  1 00:00 tty52
crw-------    1 root     root       4,  53 Jan  1 00:00 tty53
crw-------    1 root     root       4,  54 Jan  1 00:00 tty54
crw-------    1 root     root       4,  55 Jan  1 00:00 tty55
crw-------    1 root     root       4,  56 Jan  1 00:00 tty56
crw-------    1 root     root       4,  57 Jan  1 00:00 tty57
crw-------    1 root     root       4,  58 Jan  1 00:00 tty58
crw-------    1 root     root       4,  59 Jan  1 00:00 tty59
crw-------    1 root     root       4,   6 Jan  1 00:00 tty6
crw-------    1 root     root       4,  60 Jan  1 00:00 tty60
crw-------    1 root     root       4,  61 Jan  1 00:00 tty61
crw-------    1 root     root       4,  62 Jan  1 00:00 tty62
crw-------    1 root     root       4,  63 Jan  1 00:00 tty63
crw-------    1 root     root       4,   7 Jan  1 00:00 tty7
crw-------    1 root     root       4,   8 Jan  1 00:00 tty8
crw-------    1 root     root       4,   9 Jan  1 00:00 tty9
crw-------    1 root     root       4,  64 Jan  1 00:00 ttyS0
crw-------    1 root     root       4,  65 Jan  1 00:00 ttyS1
crw-rw-rw-    1 root     root       1,   9 Jan  1 00:00 urandom
crw-------    1 root     root       7,   0 Jan  1 00:00 vcs
crw-------    1 root     root       7,   1 Jan  1 00:00 vcs1
crw-------    1 root     root       7, 128 Jan  1 00:00 vcsa
crw-------    1 root     root       7, 129 Jan  1 00:00 vcsa1
crw-rw-rw-    1 root     root       1,   5 Jan  1 00:00 zero

ls -al /bin/
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root            0 Mar  5  2016 .
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 addgroup -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 adduser -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 ash -> busybox
-rwxrwxrwx    1 root     root       985372 Nov  4  2015 busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 cat -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 catv -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 chattr -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 chgrp -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 chmod -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 chown -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 cp -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 cpio -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 cttyhack -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 date -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 dd -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 delgroup -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 deluser -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 df -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 dmesg -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 dnsdomainname -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 dumpkmap -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 echo -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 ed -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 egrep -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 false -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 fdflush -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 fgrep -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 fsync -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 getopt -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 grep -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 gunzip -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 gzip -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 hostname -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 hush -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 ionice -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 ip -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 ipaddr -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 ipcalc -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 iplink -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 iproute -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 iprule -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 iptunnel -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 kill -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 linux32 -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 linux64 -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 ln -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 login -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 ls -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 lsattr -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 lzop -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 makemime -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 mkdir -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 mknod -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 mktemp -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 more -> busybox
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        10134 Mar  5  2016 motiondev.ko
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 mount -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 mountpoint -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 msh -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 mt -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 mv -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 netstat -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 nice -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 pidof -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 ping -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 ping6 -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 pipe_progress -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 printenv -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 ps -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 pwd -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 reformime -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 rm -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 rmdir -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 run-parts -> busybox
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       129905 Jul  9  2015 rz
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 scriptreplay -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 sed -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 setarch -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 sh -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 sleep -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 stat -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 stty -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 su -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 sync -> busybox
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       127506 Jul  9  2015 sz
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 tar -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 touch -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 true -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 umount -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 uname -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 uncompress -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 usleep -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 vi -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 watch -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Mar  5  2016 zcat -> busybox

ls -al /
drwxr-xr-x   14 root     root            0 Jan  1 00:00 .
-rw-r--r--    1 1000     1000            0 Jun  1  2010 .__init_enable_core__
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root            0 Mar  5  2016 bin
drwxr-xr-x    5 root     root         2180 Jan  1 00:00 dev
drwxr-xr-x    6 1000     1000            0 Mar  5  2016 etc
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           11 Mar  5  2016 linuxrc -> bin/busybox
drwxr-xr-x    4 1000     1000            0 Jan  1 00:00 mnt
dr-xr-xr-x   36 root     root            0 Jan  1 00:00 proc
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root            0 Mar  5  2016 sbin
drwxr-xr-x   11 root     root            0 Jan  1 00:00 sys
drwxr-xr-x    2 1000     1000            0 Jan  1 00:00 tmp
drwxrwxrwx    2 root     root            0 Jan  1 00:00 udisk-sda
drwxrwxrwx    3 root     root         4096 Jan  1 00:00 udisk-sda1
drwxr-xr-x    6 root     root            0 Mar  5  2016 usr
drwxr-xr-x    3 1000     1000            0 Mar  5  2016 var

ls -al /etc/
drwxr-xr-x    6 1000     1000            0 Mar  5  2016 .
-rwxr-xr-x    1 1000     1000            1 Mar 25  2008 .netrc
-rwxr-xr-x    1 1000     1000          128 Mar 25  2008 .pppd_info
drwxr-xr-x    4 1000     1000            0 Mar  5  2016 Wireless
drwxr-xr-x    2 1000     1000            0 Mar  5  2016 firmware
-rw-r--r--    1 1000     1000          306 Jul  9  2015 fstab
-rw-r--r--    1 1000     1000          276 Dec  5  2011 fstab~
-rw-r--r--    1 1000     1000           24 Mar 25  2008 group
-rw-r--r--    1 1000     1000           21 Mar 25  2008 gshadow
-rw-r--r--    1 1000     1000          129 Mar 31  2008 inetd.conf
drwxr-xr-x    2 1000     1000            0 Mar  5  2016 init.d
-rw-r--r--    1 1000     1000         3400 Feb 17  2015 inittab
-rw-r--r--    1 1000     1000         3399 Feb 17  2015 inittab~
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root            0 Mar  5  2016 mdev
-rw-r--r--    1 1000     1000          290 Mar  5  2016 mdev.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 1000     1000          290 Jul  9  2015 mdev.conf~
-rw-r--r--    1 1000     1000          290 Apr 17  2013 mdev_nand.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 1000     1000          290 Aug 15  2013 mdev_nand_mtd.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 1000     1000          290 Apr 17  2013 mdev_sd.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 1000     1000          290 Apr 17  2013 mdev_spi.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 1000     1000           44 Mar 25  2008 networks
-rw-r--r--    1 1000     1000          114 Mar 25  2008 passwd
-rw-r--r--    1 1000     1000          769 Mar  5  2016 profile
-rw-r--r--    1 1000     1000          790 Apr 30  2013 profile_nand
-rw-r--r--    1 1000     1000          769 Feb 17  2015 profile_nand_mtd
-rw-r--r--    1 1000     1000          770 Feb 17  2015 profile_nand_mtd~
-rw-r--r--    1 1000     1000          839 Apr 30  2013 profile_sd
-rw-r--r--    1 1000     1000          400 Apr 30  2013 profile_spi
-rw-r--r--    1 1000     1000          476 Apr 30  2013 profile_spi_romfs
-rw-r--r--    1 1000     1000          790 Jan 10  2014 profile~
-rw-r--r--    1 1000     1000        11248 Mar 25  2008 services
-rw-r--r--    1 1000     1000           78 Mar 25  2008 shadow

cat /etc/init.d/rcS
#!/bin/sh   
/bin/mount -t proc none /proc
/bin/mount -t sysfs sysfs /sys
/bin/mount -t devtmpfs devtmpfs /dev
/bin/mkdir /dev/pts
/bin/mount -t devpts devpts /dev/pts
/bin/echo > /dev/mdev.seq
/bin/echo /sbin/mdev > /proc/sys/kernel/hotplug
#/sbin/mdev -s

/bin/mount -t jffs2 -o noatime /dev/mtdblock0 /mnt/nand1-1
/bin/mount -t jffs2 -o noatime /dev/mtdblock1 /mnt/nand1-2

#/bin/echo "n" |  /bin/cp -i /install/* /mnt/nand1-1/.

/sbin/insmod /bin/motiondev.ko
sleep 3s
/bin/cp /udisk-sda1/install/* /mnt/nand1-1/
/mnt/nand1-1/motion.out &

cat /etc/inittab (shortened)
# /etc/inittab init(8) configuration for BusyBox
#
# Copyright (C) 1999-2004 by Erik Andersen <andersen@codepoet.org>
#
::sysinit:/etc/init.d/rcS

# /bin/sh invocations on selected ttys
#
# Note below that we prefix the shell commands with a "-" to indicate to the
# shell that it is supposed to be a login shell.  Normally this is handled by
# login, but since we are bypassing login in this case, BusyBox lets you do
# this yourself...
#

#/bin/sh
# Start an "askfirst" shell on the console (whatever that may be)
#::once:-/bin/ls
ttyS1::askfirst:/bin/sh

# Stuff to do when restarting the init process
::restart:/sbin/init

# Stuff to do before rebooting
::ctrlaltdel:/sbin/reboot
::shutdown:/bin/umount -a -r
::shutdown:/sbin/swapoff -a
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 11:51:26 AM by Benedikt M. »

Offline Merlin201314

• London
« Reply #119 on: November 14, 2016, 11:31:36 AM »
I AM EXCITED!!!!!! :drool: :drool: :D

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #120 on: November 14, 2016, 12:23:52 PM »
I AM EXCITED!!!!!! :drool: :drool: :D
Me too  :beer:

So, this is the screen configuration:
mode "480x272-0"
# D: 0.000 MHz, H: 0.000 kHz, V: 0.000 Hz
geometry 480 272 480 272 16
timings 0 125 115 70 36 64 6
accel false
rgba 5/11,6/5,5/0,0/0
endmode

Soon, we will be getting rid of the old bootsplash ;)

EDIT:
I DID IT!

Offline Merlin201314

• London
« Reply #121 on: November 14, 2016, 01:17:58 PM »
NIIIIICE!!!!! :proj:

Offline Dirty Engineer

« Reply #122 on: November 14, 2016, 05:29:16 PM »
I've been intently following this thread since I found it several weeks ago. I'm very excited to see where it goes as there seems to be some great talent working with them. I have 2 ISEL ICP 3020 desktop cnc's that I have converted to run GRBL Arduino controllers. I'm pretty happy with how they work other than the need for a dedicated computer for them. Up until now I had not found an all in one solution that I liked. The DDCSV seems to fit the bill perfectly.  I have also been watching the DDCSV1.1 prices drop which is great. The lowest I've currently seen ($130) I've see was here (http://www.ebay.com/itm/500KHz-3-axis-motion-controller-stepper-motor-servo-motor-CNC-driver-Engraving/182310179542)

@Maciej

I see you are using a D-Sub 15 pin connector for your pendant.  From my understanding the pendant needs 16 pins. If I may ask,what wire(s) did you combine or drop to make this work?

Offline Merlin201314

• London
« Reply #123 on: November 14, 2016, 05:42:50 PM »
Here you have the connections colors, and the picture, hope that help
 :worthless:

Offline Merlin201314

• London
« Reply #124 on: November 14, 2016, 06:05:39 PM »
Now I like it!!!

Sended by my tapatalk