Author Topic: Flea market find - Puller?  (Read 6463 times)

Offline jcs0001

Flea market find - Puller?
« on: August 24, 2015, 01:07:26 PM »
I bought a box of odds and ends of tools yesterday and found these items in it.  The two shafts are threaded the same and both have an internal thread inside the belled end.  The belled end is very thin.  The other end of the shafts has two opposite sides flattened, I presume for a wrench.  Total length of the threaded pieces is 4 7/8 in. (125 mm).

The only markings are on the side of the u shaped piece:

I believe I've seen something like this in the past but I cannot recall where or what it was.  The seller was a locksmith (retired due to health problems) if that helps at all.

Thanks,

John.

Offline Swarfing

Re: Flea market find - Puller?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 04:21:34 PM »
Glow plug or injector removal tool?
Once in hole stop digging.

Offline shipto

• Redditch, UK
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 06:48:09 PM »
Are they both threaded the same internally? Maybe two different sizes of whatever they extract?
I doubt its going to be anything too solid it doesnt look like it would handle too much force, my first thought when you said lock-smith was pulling out lock barrels but I think you would need something more for that.
Turns out this life c**p is just one big distraction from death but a good one. For the love of god dont give yourself time to think.
https://myshedblog.wordpress.com/

Offline Dale

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 08:40:08 PM »
looks to me as a GM steering column lock plate snap ring tool, used one a lot during the 70s and early 80s.the lock plate After the steering wheel is removed the tool is used to press the lock plate down enough to remove the retaining snap ring   Dale

Offline jcs0001

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 10:26:43 AM »
Thanks for the reply's.  I will take a look and see if the female threads are different in the two pieces.

John.

Offline TriHonu

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2016, 01:55:55 PM »
looks to me as a GM steering column lock plate snap ring tool, used one a lot during the 70s and early 80s.the lock plate After the steering wheel is removed the tool is used to press the lock plate down enough to remove the retaining snap ring   Dale

Yes it is an OTC Steering Wheel Lock Plate Remover].

Offline seadog

• NE London
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2016, 02:22:39 PM »
Is one threaded right hand and the other left? Triumph twin cam wheel extractor.

Offline Bluechip

• Madmodder Committee
  • Derbyshire UK
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2016, 04:20:29 PM »
Maybe not? Not pre-unit anyway, mine were like these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/triumph-pre-unit-unit-twins-cam-shaft-removal-install-tool-/351189269552

Biggish pic. if you scroll down ..

Dave
I have a few modest talents. Knowing what I'm doing isn't one of them.